Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shoot a SB XT the draw weight is set at 70lbs., I would like to bring it down some. My question is: Does anyone know of a good way to do that, so I make sure that both limbs have been turned down the same. 2. How much can I bring it down?, 3. Will this bring it out of spec, voiding the warranty?
Thanks,
Great White

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Put marks on the lmb bolt heads with itmaxed and a corresponding mark on the limb pocket, but not on the big, black washer beneath the bolt head (it turns). I use a black permanent marker because it's not noticeable to a casual observer, but you can see it if you're looking for it.

I am not sure how many turns your Mathew's can be baked out, it varies from one brand to another.

No, it will not void any warranty. Those limb bolts are there just for that reason. Adusting draw weight is an excellent, and inexpensive, tuning tool.

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
If I am not mistaken, one full turn can be anywhere from 3-6 pounds of draw weight change. I was told, Mathews switched between a fine thread and coarse thread limb bolt. If you have the bow manual it should tell you. If not, check out the Mathews website.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts