Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought an skb golf case and i was wondering what you guys did you fit your bow. my bow will fit in there, but now i need to put some foam in. If you have any pictures of what you did please share. also if you have ideas on better foam or anything else please let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
never did it but i imagine you could use one of the egg crate matress pads for foam, twin is like 20 bucks

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I would look into some bubble wrapping. You can find it at those mail stores who contract from UPS or maybe even Fedex/UPS facilities. That stuff is lots better than foam for protection.

·
It's in da hole!
1,676 Posts
You can get foam at fabric stores for instance Joann's Fabrics.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
I've used the SKB Staff Hard case for about 6 years now and I put both of my bows in it and they are in soft cases and I can still get my quiver, my Easton tool pouch, extra shoes and outdoor clothing. No fee's at the Airport either!! I guess the golf industry has a tad more pull than the archery industry!!LOL!!!!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
never did it but i imagine you could use one of the egg crate matress pads for foam, twin is like 20 bucks

Look for it at the Bed section at Walmart or Target. Plenty of foam options there. Bed Bath & Beyond, Linens & Things, & joann has a some good foam there too. Otherwise Google Mattress foam and look for a online store.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I know a guy who puts the bow in the golf case and packs his clothes around it. By the way, Joann's no longer sells foam and Linens & Things went out of business at least a year ago.

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
Lets see some pics.....please.

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts