Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new Alpha Max and had it set up at the local archery shop. I didn't notice it at the range. When I got home i plucked the string and there is a twang. As normal I checked all the culprits sights, loose screws, etc. It is in the string suppresor. I tighten it and still had the noise. Removed it and the noise went away but the bow does not shoot as good. Anybody else had this problem.

Roby

· Registered
2,486 Posts
I have the same thing on my katera. The fuse string stops arent that great IMO.. Im hoping that after i break it in some it will help.. But i wish it was a threaded screw in one so i could replace it.

· Registered
4,743 Posts
Well when I plucked the string no matter where I put the sts system as far as moving it close to the string or backing it away, I still had a twang in the string. You could actually feel the leech vib rating like crazy when I did this. I moved the sts back off the string about a 1/16 or less,changed the leech to small amout of whiskers and it made a night and day diff. I do agree though that the sts systems are not the greatest, but even so mine is pretty quiet now.

· Banned
574 Posts
Mine started doing the same thing after about a week of shooting. It is deffinetly coming from the suppressor. I'm thinking about taking the stock one off and adding an aftermarket one. I think that factory ones are junk. Thinking about going with one of the hydrolic ones

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you

Well I feel better now. I have many very good options thanks to you guys. I like the bow that something this minor is no big deal and I think adds to the fun of archery tinkering with your bow to get it just like you want it.

Thanks again

Roby

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.