Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little parody in honor of opening day in AR.

Twas' the night before season and all through the house the hunter was stirring, trying to find all of his crap.

The stand were hung in trees with care in hope that freak nasty would soon be there.

The wardens were nestled all snug in their beds while visions of poachers danced in their heads.

I put on my face paint along with my cap and settled in for an all day sit.

When from the edge of a clearing arose such a clatter, I slowly stood up so I could see better.

Out of the thicket he flew like a flash, I said to myself, I won't let this buck pass.

The spread of his rack and the drop tine below was surely a trophy, gun or bow.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, the drop tines dad, a non typical deer.

With a little bigger body, and bases so thick I knew in a moment, this must be ol' slick.

More rapid than a fox with his tail aflame, the both caught my wind and left as quickly as the came.

Four letter words, this isn't my day. I yelled in my head as they dashed away.

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly, as they jumped every obstacle I started to cry.

So back to the camp with nothing to show, I dreaded the jokes that would soon ensue.

And on my way out, thinking that I'd goofed, I heard steps and pawing of a very large hoof.

As I drew my bow and got turned around down the trail came ol' slick with a bound.

He looked to weigh 250, live on the hoof and I wondered if on my wall his rack would touch the roof.

A storyline of scars he had on his back, looked like an old vet that'd just gotten back.

His eyes were upon me and so was his nose, but the wind was in my favor, so I simply froze.

I settled my pin as I'd already drawn my bow, and in the calm of it all I let the arrow go.

Tight behind the shoulder, the arrow hit its mark and ol slick was gone quicker than a spark.

The blood was good, quite like red jelly, then through the trees I saw a white belly.

As I approached my trophy I heard a noise that I dread, the sound of my alarm, damn I'm still in bed.

As I hurried out the door, the words from my wife, happy hunting and Ill see you tonight.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Awesome good luck fellow arkansas hunter

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Very cool

·
Registered
11,797 Posts
I needed that, thanks man.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Nice good luck opener here in WI tomorrow to. Truck was filled up with gas climber loaded all my gear washed and ready to roll out at 5:30 in the morning.

·
Registered
27,039 Posts
Settled in my climber, wearing long underwear black
I chose the wrong tree, a knot sticking my back
One more hour in the dark, my eyes shut for a nap
But a feeling sets in, I left home before I could crap
I say I can make it, just a couple more hours
But nature calls, I will need a good shower
Back up in my stand, sun now pinking the ground
I search for my release, and then I look down
At the base of the tree it sits, I have no luck