Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you twist them from just one end or put equal twist to both ends. Don't know if I'll beable to get the 3/4 " to bring the axle to axle back.
Thanks .

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Do you twist them from just one end or put equal twist to both ends. Don't know if I'll beable to get the 3/4 " to bring the axle to axle back.
Thanks .
I add from one end, but bringing it up 3/4" is gonna be impossible unless it has no twists at all in it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3/4 would be alot wouldn't it . don't know how I ended typing that only need 1/4" . Just go to the single end not the split end. Will have to do both the string and cables the same amount correct?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Depends on what you are trying to do and what system you are working with.

·
Registered
9,961 Posts
Thanks .
What are you trying to do in more detail? What bow?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
07' Martin Slayer. The ata is a strong 1/4" long . It has Nitrous "C" cams. And at the shotest setting the draw lenght is to long. Have a set of "B" cams coming but thought I would see if this would take care of the problem.

·
edthearcher
6,465 Posts
07' Martin Slayer. The ata is a strong 1/4" long . It has Nitrous "C" cams. And at the shotest setting the draw lenght is to long. Have a set of "B" cams coming but thought I would see if this would take care of the problem.
did you measure the A to A with the limb bolts all the in. thats the right way.
and being off only 1/4 inch isnt to bad

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't think that a 1/4 would be that hard to get back just thought it would be better to practice with the old set of strings and cables before missing with the old ones.

·
Registered
9,961 Posts
Didn't think that a 1/4 would be that hard to get back just thought it would be better to practice with the old set of strings and cables before missing with the old ones.
If you want to shorten the ata 1/4, twist the string 12 times and twist the cables 6 times each and then remeasure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts