Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Sunday evening I got to see something I had never seen before.

About 30 minutes to sundown an 8 pointer came out into the corn field. He was about 60 yards from my stand. About 10 minutes later 5 does came out into the field w/ him and hung out. This was nothing new, but then I heard something behind me. It was another buck. It was dusk now and too dark to see how big he was w/ my binoculars, but I could tell he had a larger neck and body than the other buck.

After a few minutes the larger buck started chasing the smaller one. They then started to "tink" their antlers together. After another few seconds they really started going at it. The larger buck pushed the smaller one down into the corn about 5 times. Finally the smaller one ran over into the woods. I guess big boy wanted the gals all to himself. =)

It was a wonderful site and something I won't forget. My buddy was in the next field behind me...and wouldn't ya know it he had the video camera! Oh well, it was really dark and the camera might not have picked it up.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Too cool. So many non's ask whether I killed anything over the weekend, and then their eyes glaze over into blank stares when I
tell them about the chickadees landing on my hat, or the redtail swooping in to grab a squirrel. IMO there is nothing more interesting than what you can see in the woods when your just a camo lump in a tree.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know exactly where you are coming from. Spent the weekend in the woods and didn’t kill anything, but it was still a good hunt. I was on the ground in my 3-d ASAT and had a couple of curious does approach to within 15 yards trying to figure out what I was. Later another doe came out about 20 yards away in the swamp. She was trying to paw, but because she was in water it looked more like she was making little ripples in the swamp. It was hard not to chuckle.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Thats what it"s all about to me! Im starting to take my camera with me. My bud just filmed a nice ten point. I have seen tons of wildlife i never known before. My buddy and I try to film as much as we can. Glad to hear you captured a moment to rem!

Doug

·
Registered
247 Posts
Me too!!

Hunted a couple hours b4 church Sunday morn. Just as I was getting ready to walk out seen 2 bucks a couple hundred yards away square off. They started to get pretty serious. I could even here the antlers rattling. Put me a stand about 75 yards from there, so with a little luck-----------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts