Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got over 300 pics... biggest buck was a 4 pointer... Eastern NY... Gee,.... think they need AR's state wide??? WTH??? I bet in the pics from what I'm seeing on this farm, the buck doe ratio has got to be 15:1 or worse... and they give out "0" DMP tags... Thankfully the farmer gets some and crop damage permits as well.. honestly though, if any of you appose AR's, what would your thoughts be on a farm like this??? Can you say shooting the spikes, 3 points and 4 pointers is OK???

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
thats how a lot of NY is, they are using a deer management plan thats a undred years old that was put in to protect does back when there were minimal deer

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I "normally" have a self imposed AR of 6 point or better... but how can I possibly hunt the only farm I have permission on with that knowing the biggest buck to date on the farm is a 4 point... I guess I'm doe hunting all season...

·
Born yank raised south
16,721 Posts
I would be a doe killing fool. Next year those little bucks will be a lot bigger. You can boil them young horns all you want and they still taste like crap and will be hard as all get out.

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Wow that sucks!! Sorry to hear that

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sad thing is... other guys hunting the farm shoot small bucks... all the time.. so these bucks I've got pics of probably won't make it... But my freezer will be filled with does for sure...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts