Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
33,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the years two cam bows have won many more tournaments than one cam. Even now one cam bows are only dominating unmarked yardage shoots. Will two cam and CPS system take over tournaments and sales in 2004?

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
One cam bows have come in and out of the market for over 25 years. The Dynabo for over 8 years, Jennings Unicam did well in the tournaments for a several years and the current one cam will possibly be very similar. With the CPS and new two cam bows for next year it will make a difference. Comsumers will have a lot more to choose from. It is a very good thing for the consumer and dealers. Without new improved bows they could not stay in business and just think of all the new fun bows you wll get to shoot.
Just my opinion

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Everyday there's something new on the market. The thing that makes the most sense will sell the best - in most cases. I wonder though, what is there that the manufacturers can possible do different to make bows better? Seems like everthing I can think of has been done at one time or another.

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
I remember when many said that "Bows have reached the ultimate in proformance and improvemnts" As time has shown, we have come a long way. Many also said that two cams would never replace the four wheel bows. Just look at archery history and you will see so many "Best Bow Ever" designs. That is what keeps it interesting and a challenge for designers. I'll bet that there will be some big changes in sales of cam designs in the next few months. Time will tell.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Archeryhistory

So it seems that archery history repeats itself to some degree. What do you think will be the next piece of archery history to be revisted by a manufacturer?

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
Yes designs are reintroduced and sometimes sell much better than originally. We put out a fall away rest in several versions in the 1984 and sold a few hundred each year but never really got that much interest. They were very similar to the rest of today.Now look at the fall away market.
www.archeryhistory.com/arrowrests/arrowrests.htm
I don't think the four wheel models will ever come back but you never know.

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
I don't think that change has anything to do with archers being against one company. Most of the manufacturers make one and two cam bows. The point is that times change and so do designs and technology. The manufacturers either create the change, change with the times or are left behind. Many companies said they would never make a compound in the 1970's. Most changed their mind and the others are no longer in business.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Interesting thing about "NEW" inventions, I had a guy bring in an old 1982 Golden Eagle bow the other day - approx 43" recurved laminated limbs and E-wheels. Well this bow had a factory fitted "ROLLER" cable guard on it. This was an "L" shapped guard which dropped down from the standard dovetailed sight attachment, and it had two rollers on the end, which the steel cables passed through.

Funny how it looked almost identical to the "New" invention on the Matthews offerings for this year.

I seem to remember someone 20 years or so ago (maybe York, or XI) having limb pockets which were identical to the new Matthews bows as well.

Amazing how some things never change, but get reinvented.

Looking forward to the new 04 inventions !!!

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Just an observation of mine that Proline bows have had that same V-lock limb pocket design for the last couple of years.

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
Martin produced wheeled cable guards in 1982. It was the first of the Pro Series program. When Golden Eagle started in about 1983 they had that type of cable guard martin style dovetail mount on all their bows. It has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Attachments

·
Banned
843 Posts
Not Matthews haters,Matthews hyped up lying advertising hating. For that i hope they fall hard. From the looks of the '03 #d season,looks like theyre fallin fast. Dump your Matthews now to unsuspecting nimrods who dont know any better why you still can.

·
Banned
4,304 Posts
I'm sold on 2 cam bows. I enjoy the extra tuning options and speed. And I love symmetry. A cam on the bottom with a round wheel on top is not symmetrical.:D
I don't see that single cams are going anywhere, anytime soon. Too many people prefer them and always will. That's not so bad. We can all have what we want, and shoot it, too.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Now really, let's think about this. Provided that the same input is given to the device each time, wont the results be the same each time? What I mean by that, whether it's a 1, 1 1/2 or 2 cam system, isn't it all up to the shooter and their preference. One is no more accurate than the ability of the shooter to tune it to the way they shoot.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Why does Mathews need Duallies or Hybrids?????/
BowTech ,Hoyt & Darton done have that to offer....;)
So let Mathews satisfy us one cam slam sheep people....:D

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
LX_Shooter - I aggree. I've shot the duals and the solo's both have their pro's and con's. The thing I think that's funny is how one group wants to convert the other group to get them to shoot what they're shooting. They even get in heated argumants about it too. But do you know the thing that's really funny about it all???? They argue, bicker and fight with each other just because they want the other ones to enjoy shooting and get the most out of it and they think they know that what they're shooting is the best system available.
People wanting to help each other so much that it makes 'em down right mad when they can't help them.
So I agree, let each manufacturer satisfy their own markets.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts