Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my season is off to a terrific start. It began in Aug with a quest I had been after for 3 years now. To take a grizzly bear with a bow. With that under my belt I started my archery moose hunt on Sept 7th. After 12 days of hunting hard every spare minute I had in very tough conditions I closed the deal with a small tasty bull. Now I have one planned hunt left this year and it is also an archery hunt for a trophy buck in Kansas on a close friends ranch. He has had at least 8 different bucks on camera on his property that go between 150 an 180! Should be a good hunt regardless of the outcome! Might be able to squeeze an archery black bear hunt in before the season closes!

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
that is awesome man!!!! i see the excitement in your photos. great job!!!

·
Banned
310 Posts
Thats awesome great pics What kind of Broadheads you using looks like that moose left a good blood trail:cheers:

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I love how you say "small" bull, LOOK AT THE BODY SIZE !! WOW

Nice job, very cool to see different animals ( other then whitetails) taken with a bow, CONGRATS

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats awesome great pics What kind of Broadheads you using looks like that moose left a good blood trail:cheers:
I am using some old discontinued Rocky Mountain "Supreme XP's". I picked up 12 of them about 8 years ago and killed lots of deer and antelope with them. They fly extremely well and do all sorts of damage so I will use them till they are all gone and then test some of the newer heads.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Good job.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Those rocky mtn broadheads are no longer in production, but i heard yesterday from one of my friends that shot those heads. That bass pro is making them now and there called Red Head something.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Wow that's awesome! Hell of a good season you're having so far!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those rocky mtn broadheads are no longer in production, but i heard yesterday from one of my friends that shot those heads. That bass pro is making them now and there called Red Head something.
Thats interesting. I will have to look into that. Although with so many other popular heads out there now days I am going to look into all the options. They have definitely done me right so far though!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
congrats man nice animals good luck in ks should be a blast

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
you are truly blessed! Congrats

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Dude - You need a bigger freezer!!

Congrats on two great kills and good luck in Kansas!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Congrats, you are on a role. Those deer in Kansas are in trouble.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts