Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
4,469 Posts
I have flung a few through a TX-4, it is awesome the 2009 model will be even better and even faster. :thumb:

· Registered
3,074 Posts
I love my '08 so far. The '09 I believe you will be able to get with either cam system. The riser is a little different as well. Brace height is going to remain the same. Here is a sneek peek photo of the '09.

· Registered
12,003 Posts
If you have any questions on the 09 drop me a PM as I just purchased one. I also don't have any local dealers and I went to select archery and Jim was great.

· Registered
4,469 Posts
2009 Dual-Track Bionary cams..........

Have you shoot the 09. Is it faster/smoother.
I have not shot the 09' yet, but if what everyone who has shot the 2009 model, says is true then it is smoother and much, much, much faster. Do a search here on Archerytalk for "2009 Pearson" and youi will get plenty of feedback on Pearson's new for 2009 "Dual-Track Bionary" cams. :thumb:

Hope this helps.......

Keep'em Sharp...........

· Registered
12,003 Posts
Ok I lied I didn't by one, just had select archery charge my credit card 700+ just for the heck of it. Jim has a post on AT but I can't find it with actual numbers from the demo bow.

· Registered
3,074 Posts
Well, I stand corrected. I appologize. I was under the impression from Jim that the demo had to be sent back to the factory and was not for sale yet. When I called the factory last week they said the bow was still being engineered and tweeked.

· Registered
4,469 Posts
Here is what Jim at Selectarchery said about the new cam system a few weeks back, on the Pearson Website's forum (I don't think he would mind me passing it along on here). Here it is:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jim said the following;

If you came out to the shoot at Lexington Sportsman's Club in Lexington, IL, then you would have seen an unbelievable sight. A demo 2009 TX-4 landed and was a big hit.

The bow came at 28" and 56# and was shooting a 368 grain arrow at 276 fps. Many people shot and loved the bow. It's got a nice draw cycle to it - pretty much the same pull the entire way back (no build ups like some binary systems have 3/4 of the way back). The best part had to be at the shot release. There are three things that you will notice:

1. Bow just locks in at a very, very solid wall
2. Bow is smokin' fast
3. The lack of recoil and noise is unreal

I know that others have said that bows are quiet and yada, yada, yada, but this bow is really, really, really quiet with very, very, very little recoil. I mean, you have absolutely got to shoot this bow to see how other companies should be making a speed bow.

Since I can't leave well enough alone, I took apart a Z-34 at 70# and put some 70# limbs on the 2009 TX-4 with the new cam system. I took a shot over the chronograph...then I called Jon McMurray's cell phone number and told him to name a price for the demo...then I begged him so that I could keep it...then I had to dry my tears (it has to go back) and kept on shooting. The chrono read 333 fps. The feel on the bow from 56# to 70# in regard to noise and vibration was exactly the same (how many bows can say that!?!?!?!).

There was a nice crowd around the bow many times throughout the shoot and there were some very good comments from everyone. I wish that I had a tape recorder so you could hear the ooohs and aaaaahs when shooting this bow vs. their current setup.

Bottom line is this - you need to check out this bow....[/COLOR]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope that helps make up your mind on the 2009 model.

Keep'em Sharp....

· Registered
4,469 Posts
bump

· Registered
4,469 Posts
I think the deer-print cut-outs in the riser weren't as popular as they had wished (didn't work real well for Reflex or PSE-Primos either). I haven't heard about whom is making their strings this year, it still might be Xcellerator, I'm really not sure to tell you the truth. :secret:

· Registered
12,003 Posts
factory strings are from Xcellerator or Jim has custom strings available from Cracker.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.