Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is great news!!!

Especially in Minnesota where wolves have decimated deer and moose populations. I'm not a kill them all type but they need to be managed to a far lower level than they currently are.

Ironically they claim "climate change" is what's killing the moose but there are so many moose on Isle Royale that they reintroduced wolves to lower their numbers. Is Isle Royale a utopia that is impervious to climate change than?

http://strib.mn/2TqijRR

20200308_225907.jpg

·
Registered
539 Posts
Ok....what took them so long. Had to wait until they devestated elk populations in the west. Time to 'smoke a pack a day'

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
Great that they are delisting them, but don't count on our (MN) liberal government to allow a hunting or trapping season any time soon.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Where is Steve? MN5303 will know what is going on.:set1_thinking:
Yes. He definitely doesn't like wolves and will probably be first in line to buy tags. I don't blame him at all though, i would be the same way if I lived up there.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. He definitely doesn't like wolves and will probably be first in line to buy tags. I don't blame him at all though, i would be the same way if I lived up there.
A lot more SSS without the fear of a federal charge being attached, that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Ironically they claim "climate change" is what's killing the moose but there are so many moose on Isle Royale that they reintroduced wolves to lower their numbers. Is Isle Royale a utopia that is impervious to climate change than?

]
They also claimed that it was a change in Salmon that was being stocked in the rivers out west that made the Grizzly's eat all the Elk and not the Wolves.

I'm not sure delisting them is going to do much good, I'm sure they'll find a way to protect them. I've never been any part of it, but I know here in WI several people have taken wolf "management" into their own hands

·
Registered
Mathews Triax 70# 29” VAP 300’s w/ ethics 110 grain inserts for TAW 500grains & 18% FOC
24 Posts
Still won’t help MI upper peninsula with a season to get the deer population back up unfortunately

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still won’t help MI upper peninsula with a season to get the deer population back up unfortunately
A hunt would help and a lot of SSS, no?

I am. Ot advocating for SSS but know it happens and will certainly happen more if federal penalties are removed.

·
Registered
Mathews Triax 70# 29” VAP 300’s w/ ethics 110 grain inserts for TAW 500grains & 18% FOC
24 Posts
A hunt would help and a lot of SSS, no?

I am. Ot advocating for SSS but know it happens and will certainly happen more if federal penalties are removed.
A hunt would help but there are too many bleeding hearts in this state for that to happen. I’m from SW Michigan and no experience with the issue in person. I have friends who live in the UP and say that as soon as they see wolf tracks they loose the herd. I’m almost positive that SSS takes place as well not do I advocate for it either.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A hunt would help but there are too many bleeding hearts in this state for that to happen. I’m from SW Michigan and no experience with the issue in person. I have friends who live in the UP and say that as soon as they see wolf tracks they loose the herd. I’m almost positive that SSS takes place as well not do I advocate for it either.

Hunting and trapping definitely wouldn't hurt. We need to cut down the wolf population by a significant amount.

·
NAASP
14,399 Posts
Our governor will sign a bill that would protect wolves from hunting and trapping if it ever reaches his desk.

I'm one that will apply for a hunt just like I did when we had a season.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Our governor will sign a bill that would protect wolves from hunting and trapping if it ever reaches his desk.

I'm one that will apply for a hunt just like I did when we had a season.

I've heard that too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts