Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well found out the bad news today...work scheduled a Production release on the opener here in NJ on Sept 10th. This is the tenative opener here in NJ but in all likeliness will go forward. Shame had a good spot to take a doe in the morning, perhaps I'll take some comp on the Monday to get my doe. And hopefully the woods won't get too rocked and this buck I'm patterning now will hang around for a shot later in the season (next Saturday).

Anyway, this blows...just wanted to vent. Can't remember missing an opening day in almost 15 years now...but probably not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I wish man, I have a big role in the move for an application I developed. I'm the sole developer, so only I can make the move. About 30 other people involved in various aspects of the project...so I'm stuck doing my piece. I figure it will take me about 15 minutes to make my move and I know everything of mine works, users have been hammering the app for months now.

So essentially I lose opening day for 15 minutes of work and the rest of the day sitting around waiting for sign off. Bleh! :mad:

My buddy just got engaged though, so he has it worse off! :D
His party is that afternoon/evening, I'll see if I can get up there for some of that at least.

To add more BS to the mix, the 11th (Sunday, no hunting in NJ) is an annual family saltwater fishing trip...which I may get sucked in for additional support...and therefore can't go. *** this job, meh I need a career change! :rolleyes:

No calling out sick on weekends, they'll call anyway. Backup coverage? What's that? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
just let me know if you need me to go in and kill some deer for you!!! :wink:

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
My wife's birthday is on opening day, so she's in luck. She won't officially age until I fill my tag.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
BowhunterNJ said:
LOL my spots are hardly worth the drive chuck! :D
That's what everyone with great hunting spots say.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chuck7413 said:
That's what everyone with great hunting spots say.
It's public land, c'mon down! :D
Public == not so great

I'd prefer to be hunting private! ;)

And if I remember you are up in Northern NJ, I'd be hunting Walpack if I were up that way. Man is it beautiful up there!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
BowhunterNJ said:
It's public land, c'mon down! :D
Public == not so great

I'd prefer to be hunting private! ;)

And if I remember you are up in Northern NJ, I'd be hunting Walpack if I were up that way. Man is it beautiful up there!
I am in central NJ, so I will be hunting Assunpink and a little private land I have access to. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah nice, Assumpink is a nice piece, good early season spot alot of nice agg fields around. Haven't been there in years though, I grew up in Freehold. I remember a kid shot a real nice buck there right off the corn fields in fall bow a few years back, 140 class buck.

Good luck too! ;)

·
Sign me Up
1,760 Posts
chuck7413 said:
I am in central NJ, so I will be hunting Assunpink and a little private land I have access to. Good Luck!
For those interested, I'm offering "guided hunts in Assunpink, this fall" :rolleyes: LMAO

BowhunterNJ said:
Ah nice, Assumpink is a nice piece, good early season spot alot of nice agg fields around. Haven't been there in years though, I grew up in Freehold. I remember a kid shot a real nice buck there right off the corn fields in fall bow a few years back, 140 class buck.

Good luck too! ;)
NJ opener ain't no thang Matt, make the money, more important. If you get desperate, call me, got some trained to come when I ring a bell, real short drag also :eek:

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
houndawgg said:
For those interested, I'm offering "guided hunts in Assunpink, this fall" :rolleyes: LMAO

NJ opener ain't no thang Matt, make the money, more important. If you get desperate, call me, got some trained to come when I ring a bell, real short drag also :eek:

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! <ring><ring><thwack> "She's Down!" :D

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Hey MAtt I will be happy to fill in as proxy for you in NJ on the 11th. I am gonna be over there anyways so I might as well come by and shoot your doe :wink:

Just kiddin that sux though, atleast its the early season and fall bow. The state bird will probably be out in full force anyhow :thumbs_do

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Ah its not that bad its does only,right??? I missed all of fall bow last year because i was moving!!!! That sux!!!!!!! :shade:
Where ya hunting in NJ!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
Last year was the first time in 36 years I missed opening day and that was cuz I was in Colorado elk huntinnnnn......... :wink:

Matt....man you know it is eatin at you to be there opening day.......c'mon and be a man and show em who's boss.......LMAO :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
DeerDude said:
Ah its not that bad its does only,right??? I missed all of fall bow last year because i was moving!!!! That sux!!!!!!! :shade:
Where ya hunting in NJ!!!!!!!!!!
Deer dude,you can shoot a buck after you have tagged in your doe on the 10th.Great day to get your patterned buck.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jerry/NJ said:
Matt....man you know it is eatin at you to be there opening day.......c'mon and be a man and show em who's boss.......LMAO :D
Yeah that would be me saying, "Hi, I'm leaving...2 weeks notice starting today k thx". Soon buddy, soon!

MSpoto said:
Deer dude,you can shoot a buck after you have tagged in your doe on the 10th.Great day to get your patterned buck.
You ain't kidding...I have my buck pattern starting...and am gonna be like a kid before Christmas waiting to get out there for him. We'll see if the pattern holds, long way to go and even longer (and less likely) after opening day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts