Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I made a new set of strings for my diamond stud according to the string and cable length on the sticker. The bow will only get up to 67 lbs and I have tried everything. The cable is twisted beyond what it should be. I made another set and still the same thing. I added 1% to allow for twisting. Any ideas? Only thing I can think of is that the lengths printed are untwisted lengths? I just started making strings so I could have made them wrong:(

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I'm going to tell you what you already know... Either the cable is too long or the string is too short.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol yeah I would just hate to make another string by guessing what it is.

·
Time Flies
13,275 Posts
Did you measure the strings under tension before you put them on the bow to make sure that they were the right finished length?

It could just be that your 70# bow only maxes out at 67#. It's really not that uncommon for a bow's poundage to be plus/minus 3 pounds.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
How many twists in the STRING right now ?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know how much twists right now but I did 60 to start, the string is 91" and cable was 20 something twists. Right now the cable has way too many twists.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
So take some twists out of the string to start.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay my cable is correct length finished but the string measure at 90 3/4" and it supposed to be 90 1/16" I'm guessing thats the problem?

·
Banned
4,646 Posts
Okay my cable is correct length finished but the string measure at 90 3/4" and it supposed to be 90 1/16" I'm guessing thats the problem?
Could be...what's the ATA before and after (and did it reach peak weight before)?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ata with stock strings was 33 ¼ and about 33 ⅝ with new strings. Yeah it was shooting 71 lbs with the stock strings.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts