Archery Talk Forum banner

Ugly Bowtech Cams

1566 28
I hope Bowtech doesnt ship out there new E.B.C.S.with the cams that ugly silver color.
Im looking forward to shooting the constitution and the old glory.
But that silver has to go,Paint them black or camo.
JMHO.
Jim
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
424 Posts
I shot the Allegiance, and the Defender yesterday. Sorry, but the cams are a charcoal grey anodize. As much as I like the Pearson's I shoot, I have to say I wouldn't care WHAT color the Bowtech cams are. Those were the smoothest, quietest, and fastest bows I've ever shot. The Allegiance was shooting 320+ fps.

I didn't think they looked that bad. If I had anything bad to say about Bowtech, it would be their risers look clunky to me.

· Registered
424 Posts
I believe he said it was 28", 68# draw. The 320+ fps was with a HCA light weight, stiff spined arrow. Can't remember what they call them. He said it was at 4 grains/inch. Even with a 350 grain arrow, it was shooting 300+. I don't know what length the arrows were.

Funny thing is, I shoot a 26" draw, and the bow felt good to me. :confused:

One question I have is, can you get away shooting a lighter than 5 grains/inch arrow if you are over spined? Wouldn't that allow the bow to impart more energy into the arrow, and not the bow itself. ie. dryfire condition?

· Registered
527 Posts
i like the colour of the cams.
its kinda a flat gray colour. i hope they put the nice shiny ones on the target colour bows though.
but these cams are so smooth it really doens't matter to me wut colour they are.
i shot the defender the other day and considering its about 7" shorter a-a than i like it was and amazingly nice shooting bow.

i can't wait till my old glory gets here!

Peace
Allan

· Registered
15,839 Posts
Not everyone wants a Camo bow!!!

EASTON94 said:
so these bows are in the shops and they cant even get their website updated?? man, thats kind of putting the cart before the horse!! easton94

I guess they are bow builders, and not computer programmers.!!!! :)

I hope they do make some silver cams for their competition version!!!! I don't want it look like a Matty!! :)

I hope they come out with some new competition colors and schemes!!!!!! :)

· Registered
11,771 Posts
well, would be nice to be able to see pics and compare with some other new models, i guess they arnt to worried about it. is the bow above a 2 cam or a hybrid system? easton94

· Registered
222 Posts
Listen, I read a study somewhere that the extra heat generated by black actually helps to keep the viscosity of the oil in the bearings lower, thus creating greater speed when the bow is fired. It's fact I tell you.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.