Archery Talk Forum banner

Ultimate Martin bow?

1225 Views 12 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  murry
I have been thinking of building what I think would be the ultimate Cougar 3, but Martin don't offer it, so I would like to hear thoughts and input from those in the know and also everyone else.

Cougar 3 riser
Magnum Limbs
Fury X cams

By looking at the C3 in Elite limbs and the fuzion cam, I have seen that there is a 4" drop in draw length changing limbs, so if I need a 28" draw, I would need a 32" draw cam ( Fury X #5 Cam) to give a 28" draw with Magnum's

Thanks in advance for everything
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,124 Posts
Why bother

Why bother Jimmy-rigging something when Martin already has one of the finest bows going in the Cougar Elite or Cougar with the straight limbs. One thing that I have learned is that engineers spend a lot of time designing and testing things so they usually come out with the best all around inventions. I would just save yourself the hassle and stick with something that they already make. Good luck if you do try though.

· Registered
4,406 Posts
It would be.....

A smokin little bow, but it would void any warranty on the bow! Not worth it in my eyes! Let us know how ir turns out though!..............................................PUG

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I already have a C3 with Elite limbs and Fury X cams and yes its the best bow about, well for outdoor Fita, however I'm looking at a 3d/field bow and given that I can't get to practice distance judging as much as some, fast is good in my mind.

I wonder if some like GRIV or Jimmy D would like to add something, given that they know all about these things.

· Registered
4,406 Posts
You can.....

PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address at the factory.......................................PUG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.