Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about giving the Ultimate Scrape Dripper made by Wildlife Research a shot this year in the pre-rut to rut phase. I like the idea of being able to visit the area once about 5 days prior to hunting it and letting the Dripper do it's thing. Has anybody used it and had success with it?

·
Registered
771 Posts
I used it last year and i liked it, killed a really nice 8 point that had wind checked the scrape down wind about 40yards, he stuck his nose up and caught the scent and came right in.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Good product. Took my first archery buck about 5 yds from my dripper and mock scrape in '03. Was using Trail's End exclusively that year as it was all I could find of WRC's products. Have used the drippers each year since and have always had bucks visit the scrapes. I use Trail's End early Oct then switch to Active Scrape in Nov. When the bucks stop servicing the scrapes around mid-Nov I switch to Select Golden Estrus.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have had good luck with these drippers. I have found it sometimes is best to change estrus scents and then hunt within the first day or two. I think this makes the bucks think there is new does around.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I've gotten some great pictures over these drippers. They work great during the rut. Notice this deer is checking the dripper hanging in the tree above this scrape.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
I love drippers and use them every year. It helps to vary the scent that you put in them and make sure you hang them high enough out of the deers reach.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts