Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that after shooting a target a couple of times, the blades in both the 100 and 125 grain Ultimate Steels get loose. They don't come out, but have side-to-side movement. Is this normal for them? Retention does not seem to be a problem, but they do rattle somewhat.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
i noticed if i didn't check my broadheadafter shooting it that they seemed loose but like you they didn't come out. be sure and check them each time before you shoot. i use two of them to practice with and i think when pulling them out is when they get loose due to i shoot turbo nocks and the spin is so tight that the problem lies there for me so i have to make sure they are tightened befor each shot. shooting thru an animal instead of a 3d animal is going to be much different with them for me. they penetrate like crazy though.
rob k

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Rob. I was hoping that you would respond to this. I don't think that the blades were loose until I shot them. They are tight when put in new and I think they loosen because of the dings in the front of the blade after a couple of shots. Just a guess.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
This seems to be a problem common with the ultimate steels. The newer 100 grn heads are better, but still need improvement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts