Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been building strings for years and have always use Ultracam because it gave me good results. Recently I purchased some 452X because I liked the 452X color combo that was not offered in the Ultracam material.

Has anyone had experience using both of these string materials? I am wondering about any speed differences between the two and how the two materials compare in their tendency to fuzz up. I have always been under the impression that both materials performed in a nearly identical fashion. Right?

Automan

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ttt

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
Good question. I'm switching over to ultracam because of the higher percentage of vectran...or dyneema, whichever it has that makes it less suseptible to creep.

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ttt

·
edthearcher
6,509 Posts
I have been building strings for years and have always use Ultracam because it gave me good results. Recently I purchased some 452X because I liked the 452X color combo that was not offered in the Ultracam material.

Has anyone had experience using both of these string materials? I am wondering about any speed differences between the two and how the two materials compare in their tendency to fuzz up. I have always been under the impression that both materials performed in a nearly identical fashion. Right?

Automan
good question, as a string maker for years now. i also used a lot of ultra cam for years. than made a switch to 8125, now i only make strings out of 452X. will probely start switching over to trophy shortly but have so much money tied up in 452X

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ttt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts