Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any experience with this rest? Looked pretty slick but didn't want to be disappointed if I ordered it. Your help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I jhust finished setting another Ultra Rest on a bow. It is so simple to set up, it's pretty amazing. Just set the cord tension very light in the clamp, set nocking point and centershot and shoot it. Fantastic hunting rest. Quality Archery Designs hit a home run on this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
The rest works as advertised but for my setup the
ZE shot better groups. Keep in mind my arrows are very short (25 inches without points) and I have a 27 1/2 in. draw. The owner of the proshop I go to has one and he really likes it. JDES900X, Is your nocking point square or are you setting it slightly high?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will it work on a Hoyt UT, with the TEC series riser, wasn't sure if there would be contact there or not.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Best rest

I think that the Trophy Taker drop away and the new Drop Zone by Trophy Ridge are quite good. Take my opinion with a grain of salt because I've only shot the Drop Zone. All my friends say that the Trophy Taker is awesome.

H

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
TT

I have 2 trophy takers one on each of my bows .... I in my opinion is the best drop away. I also like the dropzone but it is quite heavy for a rest

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Hands down, the Trophy Taker wins the "Drop Away" rest duel. I have installed a # of different "Drop Aways" on bows in the past year or so. The Trophy Taker has been the best and most well recieved Drop Away yet. I put my Trophy Taker on just over a year ago, It will be on my bow for a long time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
best rest on the market

You Nock an arrow just like you would on any other Rest. You Cock it, via the thumb wheel putting your arrow in a total capturing position, and then you Forget it. Your arrow will not come off the rest unless you fire the bow. The Ultra-Rest is the ONLY rest on the planet that falls ONLY when fired. The Ultra-Rest boasts VDT (Velocity Drop-Away Technology) , this patent pending technology allows the rest to fall only when the bow is fired. Whether you are stalking, drawing or doing a slow let down the Ultra-Rest works for you (full-time) totally supporting you arrow. Unlike other (part-time) drop-aways that only work at full draw and drag your arrows across your bow shelf, possibly allowing the arrow to fall off the rest. The Ultra-Rest offers minimal friction and zero fletching contact. Also, shoots the shortest arrows possible, up to 4” shorter. The Ultra-Rest is USA made product, with precision aluminum components and inertial rubber bumpers that offer exceptional durability and quiet performance.
For more information on the Ultra-Rest please contact Quality Archery Designs, P.O. Box 940, Madison Heights VA, 24572, or call 434-846-5839.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts