Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve never owned a hinge release before but was looking a bit at some options. I was also looking at an ultraview grip for my V3 and stumbled on there releases while on the website. They have there hinge release on sale for $149 and was wanting you alls expert advice on it. #1 is it a good quality hinge release? #2 is it good for a first timer? Any other tips or suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can't speak for their original hinge, but many people online seem to like it. I did purchase their Hinge 2 when it was released. It was my first hinge style release. It's very high quality and the dual moon design is nice for setting a click. If you do go down the hinge route, I'd suggest setting it as cold as it will go and slowly backing off as you get comfortable to avoid an accidental shot.

My understanding is the UV releases have the heads set further back to help even out the weight across your fingers without firing the release (you won't have to draw with an overly weighted index finger to prevent firing). The downside to this is it's more different than other releases, so if you want to switch between a thumb and hinge release, you won't really find a matching counterpart. UV released their Button recently, but I'm not sure how that compares to their original hinge.

·
Registered
VXR 31.5
44 Posts
Bought the original UV Hinge. Hunt with it, love it. My only dislikes of it: I use an O-ring to prevent the hook from rattling around, gotta buy new hooks if you want to try some different speeds of setting the release of the hinge, and the color is a little shiny! ( Thats minor tho)

I did just pull the trigger on getting the UV Hinge 2. Being able to adjust click/moon/hook all right there on the release. Awesome! Magnetic head so it doesnt rattle. Awesome! Darker colors. Awesome!

I did use the hunting bracket on my OG. Its nice to have if youre worried about setting off the release when you draw the bow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts