Archery Talk Forum banner

Uncle Ted said....

5447 137
Hunting a water hole is baiting, how many agree?

I for one don't, I think he's on crack!!

Entertaining but cracked out!
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

· Registered
28,629 Posts
If you take a dozer and dig a water hole in front of your stand. This might be considered baiting.

· Registered
1,736 Posts
If you built the water hole for deer then I guess it can be baiting but if not then its like saying hunting in thick woods is baiting because you know that the deer are going to use it. To me everything that puts better odds toward getting a deer in your favor is fair game. (except for high fenced areas) But thats just me

· Registered
975 Posts
Water is not baiting. Uncle Ted is a good spokesman for guns and hunting... but his high fenced hunting, with animals lined up at the feed trough does not impress me on bit! I just turn the channel when he is hunting some deer or exotics behind high fences.

· Registered
5,920 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmm...but hunting his HF ranch is SPORTING?

i agree he's off the DEEP end.

+1, The more "Uncle Ted" talks the less I like him. Uncle Ted may be a "champion" supporter of our gun rights, but I think his delivery of his message is damaging to our cause with a LOT of people who may have been "on the bubble." If "Uncle Ted" would shut up it wouldn't break my heart at all. Sure we need support for our gun rights, but not the kind of support that turns people away from supporting us because of the obnoxious spokesman.

I believe MUCH of what "Uncle Ted" does is out of his own personal interest, not really as much for you and I as many of you might like to believe!!!!

· Registered
2,712 Posts
Amen!

+1, The more "Uncle Ted" talks the less I like him. Uncle Ted may be a "champion" supporter of our gun rights, but I think his delivery of his message is damaging to our cause with a LOT of people who may have been "on the bubble." If "Uncle Ted" would shut up it wouldn't break my heart at all. Sure we need support for our gun rights, but not the kind of support that turns people away from supporting us because of the obnoxious spokesman.

I believe MUCH of what "Uncle Ted" does is out of his own personal interest, not really as much for you and I as many of you might like to believe!!!!
Amen to that! Ted is a Tool, plain and simple. His skewed perception of things is off the charts. I have noticed over the past few years that he is losing his momentum and his cult like followers. Ted is nothing more that a little ankle biting Chuahua that has finally begun to annoy even his own breed.

· Banned
1,340 Posts
I agree 100% "bait" isnt always something that you bring into the woods with you. Its just an object that attracts what your hunting.

I consider a lot of things "bait". Calls and decoys, along with food or water.

· Banned
1,340 Posts
Hmmm, it just might be unethical to hunt where you think the game might be going... Maybe I need to rethink this whole thing and hang my stand where I know there won't be any deer...
wait, who said its unethical?

· Registered
4,193 Posts
Wait a minute!!

I do believe he said that during a monologue in which he was trying to get hunters to stop fighting amongst themselves..HF no HF...archery/crossbow arguments etc. he said "If you don't like people who hunt over bait then don't hunt over a waterhole...that's baiting"....or over a food plot...that's baiting.

you guys were all just "baited" yourselves.

· Registered
10,406 Posts
He's off the wall at times,but i still like him.I'd still rather watch him than most of the other hollywood nascar acting hunting shows.

· Registered
4,193 Posts

***????? What does he get out of publicly supporting hunting? Personal gain?? He has been a freakin' rock star for 30 years! I saw him in Madison square Garden in 1976. He has so much $$$$$ he can hunt anytime, anywhere on the planet.....buy a farm next to Lee and Tiff in Iowa or smack in the middle of Ilinois.....he doesn't NEED to crusade.

· impatiently waiting
1,546 Posts
i would consider bait anything used to draw animals to where you are away form their natrual patters, i wouldnt consider setting up on a natural watering hole baiting because you are going to where the animals already go

· Registered
3,215 Posts
You guys have to hear the whole conversation to know what he was saying, you are taking it way out of context. Ted is "pro-baiting" and was trying to make a point that it should be ok to bait with whatever you see fit.

· Registered
14,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
NO, he said it when he was filling his HOG feeder 12 feet from his injection moulded blind...He was hunting in the snow for hogs and about 15 minutes after he got in 150 - 200 hogs came running in!!

Wait a minute!!

I do believe he said that during a monologue in which he was trying to get hunters to stop fighting amongst themselves..HF no HF...archery/crossbow arguments etc. he said "If you don't like people who hunt over bait then don't hunt over a waterhole...that's baiting"....or over a food plot...that's baiting.

you guys were all just "baited" yourselves.

· Registered
320 Posts
Uncle Ted

Maybe you should pick up his latest book ' Ted White and Blue' Ted is outspoken at times, he's been at this for fourty some odd years, with all his heart and soul. It's not just guns that he passions for, it's our way of life. He wants people to succeed in life, get off our lazy ass's and make something of ourselves for us and our family's. Quit looking for the next handout from Fedzilla and go get it yourself. For all you guys that appose Ted's baiting style, I suppose if you go fishing you don't use worms or minnows or jig's or anything that looks like 'BAIT'....Get over it !

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.