Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the thin camo under armor gloves. They are around 30 bucks. I was wondering if they are warm.

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Just got some . They are very thin and I can shoot my caliper release with them on .
Not the warmest , but they are long and go up to mid forearm .

·
Registered
463 Posts
they have sticky UA's symbols on the palms that wear off after awhile....good grip!

as said above...not warm

·
soon to be up a tree
1,331 Posts
mine are allready ripped on the right hand along the seam on the thumb. i have had had them for around 3 weeks. i am now back to wearing my primos gloves that set me back like $6 over 5 years ago. they have longer cuffs, are just as thin and comfy and supply the same amount of warmth, which is none lol. shoulda saved my money towards my new maxxis:cry:

·
Registered
899 Posts
i like them, not the warmest but nice for shooting your bow with. I wouldn't spend the extra money on them compared to others, gf bought them for me as a b-day present. I do like them though.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I guess I must have good circulation:wink:.

As long as the temperatures aren't sub-arctic these are the only gloves I wear. I have one of the hand warmers that goes around your waist and that plays a big part in it but the gloves really do pretty well for me.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I have a couple pairs of 'em and they are my fav bowhunting gloves but they are most certainly, NOT warm. They are a great early deer season or spring turkey huntin' glove though. Extremely comfortable and the rubber grippers allow you to hold on to calls and other small items.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
My bowhunting jacket has hand warmer pouch on it so I do not need a thick, warm glove. My UA gloves work great.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I guess I must have good circulation:wink:.

As long as the temperatures aren't sub-arctic these are the only gloves I wear. I have one of the hand warmers that goes around your waist and that plays a big part in it but the gloves really do pretty well for me.
Yep, same here. Toss a couple of handwarmers in a handmuff and wear my UA gloves all season long. They are awesome!

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
I wear them with handwarmers in pockets if needed. The have gotten some holes though over the last 2 seasons. All in all I think the investment was worth it

·
Bowhunter
1,642 Posts
You can do just about anything in these gloves even pick up a penny off a hardwood floor. Mine are about 3 years old and I use um all year, every season when its cold I add a waist handwarmer. The stitching could be alittle stronger on the seams but nothing a needle and thread can't fix, all around great glove!!!!!

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts
They are all I wear, I shoot a handheld release and they work great for it. Ive got the HSS handwarmer belt pouch and some heat packs for when its cold. Real cold and I wear a warmer glove on my bow hand.

marty

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,203 Posts
Not good for warmth but great for holding your bow as they are not bulky.

I wear mine but I also use a handwarmer (HSS Muff Pak) while on stand.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I don't go hunting without mine. Been using them for about 3 years and I wouldn't want anything heavier for bowhunting. Mine hold up very well because I don't use them for anything else.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts