Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought me a pair of the Brow Tine hunting boots and i find them to be pretty comfortable. Paid bout $190 for em . Was wodering about y'alls opinion bout em tho cuz havent had em for long. I know that the Danner High Grounds are good boots too and are roughly around the same price i paid for the Brow Tines . What do you guys think bout the Brow Tines vs. the Danner High Grounds ? Would the High Grounds be more durable and longer lasting then the Brow Tines or are they bought the same ? Thanks

·
Coors Light Pro Staff
1,694 Posts
Neither, get a pair of Meindl's and your feet will thank you.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
My buddy got some under armor cold gear base layers when it just came out. He said it was overpriced junk!! A few year ago they just made football I think? Now they make everything ? Prolly just slap there name on stuff some else makes?they might be nice boots but I'd buy from someone that's been making boots for a long time!!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Under armour thinks they can put there logo on anything and charge a lot of money for it.
Danner high grounds ,probably made in china, Meindl's are worth the money

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info , ya I brought back those underarmour boots and went and bought me a pair of Danners new Pronghorn Terra Force boots , I know that they are made in China but by a triple A company. Danner says he uses triple A companies only and that China's the only place where they can weld parts of the boots together, parts where they aren't stitched. Danner is a really good company have been in the business since 1932 so I can trust him . Kinda hate the thought that they are made in China but hey , the seem like some real good durable boots

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Thanks for the info , ya I brought back those underarmour boots and went and bought me a pair of Danners new Pronghorn Terra Force boots , I know that they are made in China but by a triple A company. Danner says he uses triple A companies only and that China's the only place where they can weld parts of the boots together, parts where they aren't stitched. Danner is a really good company have been in the business since 1932 so I can trust him . Kinda hate the thought that they are made in China but hey , the seem like some real good durable boots
I hear ya man , I like redwing / Irish setter boots . Guess what there made in China now! Picked up a pair 2 years ago not knowing & they still look pretty new. After a lot of hiking I might add;)

·
On a bloodtrail } --->$
692 Posts
Let's start this thread again. Looking for any new input also. Thanks.

·
Socket Man
24,696 Posts
I am hunting in my danner rat boots, they are gore tex which they call temperate and have no insulation. I like to have non insulated for general hunting and stuff and then use the artic shield covers when the temps get closer to freezing with them and a hand warmer between the bood and the arctic shield bootie. Then when it gets really cold I put on my sorel glacier pac boots.

I don't like buying a middle of the ground boot, they are either to hot or two cold. I hunt in missouri so I see everything from hot to sub zero and having three different setups is key and I do it with two sets of boots.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I hear ya man , I like redwing / Irish setter boots . Guess what there made in China now! Picked up a pair 2 years ago not knowing & they still look pretty new. After a lot of hiking I might add;)
Irish Setter are made overseas, Redwing are still made in the USA to the best of my knowledge. Chinese products are not automatically of poor quality, it all depends on what the company wants to spend and at what quality level they are aiming, you can get anything from high end top dollar product to bargain bin garbage, China just provides cheap labor and lots of it.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Irish Setter are made overseas, Redwing are still made in the USA to the best of my knowledge. Chinese products are not automatically of poor quality, it all depends on what the company wants to spend and at what quality level they are aiming, you can get anything from high end top dollar product to bargain bin garbage, China just provides cheap labor and lots of it.
True on the Redwing/Irish Setters - Danner also make some of their boots here and those have the US flag on them.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Ive got a pair of Danner Pronhorn boots that Ive had for several years. They have been outstanding boots as well...But as with anything, they are about "done for". I'll consider another pair when I buy. I also have Irish Setters and the "older" Rocky Cornstalkers. Both are good boots...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I blew holes in the fabric of my Pronghorns after one season but in addition to deer hunting I rack up a lot of miles bird hunting in them.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I know Danner makes some really nice/comfortable snake boots! Man, I'd love to live somewhere that wearing snake boots wasn't a necessity.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts