·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my Mucks. How are the HAWs?

·
Registered
644 Posts
i absolutely love mine, i work outside in construction all year and have tried them all. I would hands down buy these over everything, they are really comfortable and breathe a lot better than the mucks i have had. They also have more of a support on the ankles which makes them fit a lot better to me. if for hunting and your feet get cold i would get the 800 gram insulation. great boots

·
Premium Member
26,863 Posts
i picked up a pair and i have to say that i am very impressed with them,they are comfortable,warm and well built.I picked them up for last years turkey hunting,wore them for a month and have worn them all fall and into our -25 this december.I am very happy with my purchase.I bought the 800 gram insulated ones and they are great for Spring Turkey season and all through my deer hunting season,right now im wearing 2 pair of socks,top layer are wool and my feet are not freezing like they have before in years passed..Grizz

·
Registered
936 Posts
I had a pair of Lacrosse Alpha Burly Sport before and I liked them, they just were not very durable. I tired the HAW's on this year and I felt like they were more comfortable. I really like the "heel lock" which is a piece of gel cushioning that is attached to the inside of the boot, just above your heel and really keeps your foot in the right place. I hunted with them from the early to mid season and have nothing but positive things to say about them. I bought the uninsulated ones for $90 bucks at Cabelas.

·
Bonehunter
8,848 Posts
I went with the uninsulated HAW's....I love them, great traction & comfortable.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
After 20 years of wearing the Lacrosse Grainge, Alpha Burly, and Alpha Burly Sports, I tried the HAW's this year since the last 2 pair of Lacrosse just seemed to wear out faster. So far I like the HAW's. I wish I had bought a half size larger. The HAW's have a more aggressive tread, which helps with grip in slick stuff, but what I don't like so far is that they hold mud on the soles. On long sits that mud dries, and falls off your boots thru the platform of my stand. That noise freaks out deer as you might imagine. Other than that, they are comfortable and warm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts