Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I broke down and bought a pair yesterday.....i know they are expensive (169), but i am crazy when it comes to footwear.

Early review...in home, not field(will explain later)

Fit = awesome
Construction = decent..stitching looks good
Weight = some of the lightest i've ever felt
Outer Sole/Tread = looks good also
Inner Sole = thin, will replace if i keep boots
Ankle Support = could be better, but not too much

Pro's (so far) = Fit, lightweight, decent tread
Con's (so far) = Expensive, and they stink...THIS IS MY REASON FOR POSSIBLY RETURNING THEM

Havent tested how waterproof they are yet, but have Gortex, so we'll see on this tomorrow or next chance i get

More on the STINKY issue.....i'd imagine it is coming from the leather, the chemicals used on the leather....so my question to the masses is, what ways are there to get rid of this smell? I know of the more practical ways but was "hoping" to hear of a 100% sure way to get rid of the smell.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I broke down and bought a pair yesterday.....i know they are expensive (169), but i am crazy when it comes to footwear.

Early review...in home, not field(will explain later)

Fit = awesome
Construction = decent..stitching looks good
Weight = some of the lightest i've ever felt
Outer Sole/Tread = looks good also
Inner Sole = thin, will replace if i keep boots
Ankle Support = could be better, but not too much

Pro's (so far) = Fit, lightweight, decent tread
Con's (so far) = Expensive, and they stink...THIS IS MY REASON FOR POSSIBLY RETURNING THEM

Havent tested how waterproof they are yet, but have Gortex, so we'll see on this tomorrow or next chance i get

More on the STINKY issue.....i'd imagine it is coming from the leather, the chemicals used on the leather....so my question to the masses is, what ways are there to get rid of this smell? I know of the more practical ways but was "hoping" to hear of a 100% sure way to get rid of the smell.
did the scent go away yet?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have had a pair of these boots since early August. They are comfortable, waterproof and no break in, not to mention super lightweight.

My brother has the same pair and they both smell like plastic something fierce. I have tried every scent killer imaginable and have left them outside for over 4 weeks now and tried to let them air in the elements - no luck. Great boot for chukar hunting or something where smell is not an issue but that does not work for mulies/ elk. Just my 2 cents.

·
It's in da hole!
1,676 Posts
Very comfortable boot I like them a lot. Yep mine stink like some kind of petrol. My kids even commented when driving in the car "Dad what smells like the boat house" I assume they were referring to the gas like fumes. I am going to try baking soda.

·
Registered
589 Posts
looking at getting a pair. how do they fit? do they run true to size or big/small compared to what you guys normally wear?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts