Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished reading this book. Been out a couple of years, but a great book.
Undercover ATF Agent infiltrates the Mogols in California, becomes a full patch member, and rides with them for over 2 years. Very good read.
Mel Gibson is supposedly making this into a movie right now. I guess he'll get the lead role.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Was the movie Stone Cold based on this book? I'll have to look for this one though, turkey hunting is coming up, I'll need something to read in the blind.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was the movie Stone Cold based on this book? I'll have to look for this one though, turkey hunting is coming up, I'll need something to read in the blind.
I don't think this has been made into a movie yet. As i said, i believe its in production now. The ATF Agent William Queen is in the witness protection program, so you won't see him advertising any book signings. He put a bunch of Mongols in prison, so if they could find him he would be dead.
From what i've gathered, all the guys he put in prison are already out, and are being used as extra's in the movie. They are excited about the book, and the movie, as it gives them publicity, and gets the Mongol name out there.
I won't give any details, but he rode with them over 2 years, and got close to some of the guys he put in prison. The line was getting blurry there at the end, and really affected him.
He finished his assignment however.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I don't think this has been made into a movie yet. As i said, i believe its in production now. The ATF Agent William Queen is in the witness protection program, so you won't see him advertising any book signings. He put a bunch of Mongols in prison, so if they could find him he would be dead.
From what i've gathered, all the guys he put in prison are already out, and are being used as extra's in the movie. They are excited about the book, and the movie, as it gives them publicity, and gets the Mongol name out there.
I won't give any details, but he rode with them over 2 years, and got close to some of the guys he put in prison. The line was getting blurry there at the end, and really affected him.
He finished his assignment however.
That sounds like a book I'd enjoy, thanks for posting this.

·
Banned
2,867 Posts
I read it last year, and it is a really good book, in that it shows the Outlaw Biker world from the inside as well as what undercover police officers go through in long term projects....
What I found interesting though is that Queen mostly depended on a five shot .38 revolver when around the Mongols, LOL...

When it is made into a movie it will be a 9mm Beretta or a Colt Python with a six inch barrell, LOL....

But as for the book itself, its probably the best book on outlaws since Hunter Thompson's book on the Hells Angels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts