Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if the EASTON MICROLITE SUPER NOCK will work also in the super unibushings? They are only 7.5grains. I am going to use the unibushings in my new Victory X-Ringers but not sure which nock to get....3D nock or I would rather the Microlite but then there is also the G nock,,,,,

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I shoot the G nock and have had great success with them. Havent tried the microlite. I also did some with the regular unibushing and beiter nocks and they turned out really well too.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if I am not mistaken you need different unibushings for the g nocks and the reglar and 3D nocks right?

I was thinking the microlite which will be a little lighter and there is less metal to the unibushing as well and that will help FOC......which these larger shafts I hear like higher FOC

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
your only going to see about a 2% difference. I will run my setup with both and see what the true difference is.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool Thanks.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
28" Victory X-Ringer V1 350 100 gr pt.

w/ Easton G Nock Unibushing = 10.17 FOC @ 361 gr
w/ Easton Microlite and Super Unibushing = 9.98 FOC @ 358 gr

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that a good length you found for the arrows for you? What #'s r u shooting?

I will be shooting 27.5" 60# Athens but havent got my arrows yet, will be here in a few days. HMMM is the gnock any tougher than the standard nocks?

I was wanting to get close to 310grains.....I have some 65grain fp's but I am not sure of the insert weight.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,525 Posts
If you are using them for 3D I'd use the "G" nock since this bushing will protect the back of the arrow better than the others. I am using the the "G" pin nock on my arrows now. I got tired of having to replace a few bushing after every good shoot.

I think the 3D nock is a great target nock. It gives a smooth release from the string every time as does the "G" nock. I prefer to use the 3D nock for everything but it doesn't fit the A/C/C's I use for hunting and Carbon Express hasn't come out with with a bushing for X-Jammer -27's that take the super uni size nocks.

I'd use the 3D nocks for 3D. If they get smashed up too much for you then try "G" nocks or "G" pin nocks.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I like the 3D nocks in my other arrows....but never tried the g nocks.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
If you are looking to get to 310 grains use the HV's. I shoot the Regular X-ringer at 67#'s with a 27.5 Draw Ultra Elite and get 281.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I am looking at if I cut them around 27" I should be around 325-330 and I should be able to stay right at 280 for ASA with my Athens. But I dont want to cut them too short and loose performance and accuracy.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
The ones I just built are 27 carbon to carbon. 100gr nibbs, g nocks and bushing, 1.8 duravanes and they come in at 338

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I have the same vanes, 100 grain nibbs as well as 65gr FP's with inserts(not sure of the weight) and until I order unibushings and nocks I have the pin bushings and pin nocks......just not sure of the length I should cut them at....I was thinking 27(carbon to carbon) or 26.....but I am not sure if thats too short and may make them not shoot as good.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ttt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts