Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Banned
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i had the priviledge of viewing what was to me the most awe inspiring box of broadheads i have ever seen..

A good friend of mine at work come up to me today and says to me man have I got something for you to see...He knows i am a lover of archery...

He showed me a box of broadheads that came right of the the EARLY days of the Fred Bear Era..Alot of these broadheads i seen only on Archery History..

He had The usual fixed blade headsof every make and kind for swaged arrows. I seen about every variety of these.. He had the first version of what looked to me to be an expandable broadhead from the 50's or even sooner with the huge curved blades and the traditional look in a broadhead one can only imagine from the wee days of broadhead manufacturing...

These broadheads were something i have only seen on archery history and some of these i never seen there... Like a broadhead from browning that looked something like the traditional bear razor head from yesteryear but it had a wierd coil looking thing that seemed to be designed to cut a hole out of whatever it was sent into... Looked like a hole cutter...

Ill tell ya guys this guy had broadheads that i have never seen anywhere...

His mother is dating a rich doctor and he was going to throw them away but luckily my buddy from work recognized what a treasure these are and took them off his hands ...I talked him into saving them and putting them into a display case .I hope i can post a few pics of these ...

I felt like a kid at a candy store looking at these broadheads and i went back to the days when these heads were the mainstay and just how primitive archery used to actually be...

What really went through my mind was how smart our predicessors really were in creating and designing these heads that must date back to 40's or 50's...

Today i took a very enjoyable step back in Archery that i wish everyone could experience...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.