Archery Talk Forum banner

University of Missouri Archery

1266 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  adam.barnard
Hello everybody, my name is Adam Barnard and I am a member of Mizzou's archery team. We have been a team going on a year now and things are really starting to pick up for us as far as shooting 300 leagues and going on 3-d shoots. I am a member of the public relations committee and I got on here to say that as a new team, are funds are pretty low and we are looking for ways to increase those funds through sponsorships and any donations we can get. All of us are shooting out of pocket, with maybe a couple of students who are representatives for a shop or a company, but as a whole, we are mostly just average hunters. I have to say that there is some talent on the team and we are really trying to show it. We are looking at making some custom shirts, and the possibility of putting a shops name or a company's name on the shirts is well within reason, as well as other advertising opportunities we could offer. If any of you guys know of a shop or a company that is trying to get their name out there and needs some shooters to do so, give me a holler and we could talk about the things we could do. Happy shooting to yall!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Don't forget to try some of the shops in KC. B&B Archery, Rogers in Liberty, etc. I bet they'd be interested.

· Registered
515 Posts
Also, I don't know if you want to do something like this or not but the is already an archery club in CoMo. I think they are called Columbia Area Archers. I think they meet at the lodge range the first Thursday of every month. I know they collect dues and have a little money. Maybe you guys can combine or work together. Also there is a local archery shop/indoor range at Powder Horn. There range is really nice. Maybe you could work out something with them. I would help out but I graduated in Dec. and moved away. Good luck.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We actually shoot at powder horn for the 300's, great place, Lee the owner is a great guy. But we might have to talk to CoMo area archers, if we haven't already(we've got several guys working our issues) and get in contact with more people interested in our sort of thing. Thanks a bunch!

· Registered
2,656 Posts
I would say your number one place to start would be your school's Alumni Association. Get a small article just like your opening post, published in the alumni newsletter.

Other than that, you'd probably be better off visiting, in person, individual companies with a team "resume" that would highlight the details of how the team is good enough (high scores, public event attendance, community outreach) to promote the sponsor's product

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.