Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any good suggestions for an unscented anti-perspirant to use in archery season? In the past I have just used baking soda which seems to be an okay alternative. I have also tried dead down wind and arm & hammer brands. My main complaint with the ones advertised for hunting, is that they all seem to have a super-glue like consistency. Anyone know of any that don't feel like putting glue in your armpits?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Anyone have any good suggestions for an unscented anti-perspirant to use in archery season? In the past I have just used baking soda which seems to be an okay alternative. I have also tried dead down wind and arm & hammer brands. My main complaint with the ones advertised for hunting, is that they all seem to have a super-glue like consistency. Anyone know of any that don't feel like putting glue in your armpits?
I have been using Dead Down Winds deodorant for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,723 Posts
Arm & Hammer unscented, it's cheap and flat-out works. Don't bother paying an extra $2 for some fancy labeling. Same goes with unscented laundry detergent.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't laugh, but i've tried a lot of different ones. Women's deoderant Secret Outlast clear gel is better than any i've tried.

·
Archery Addict
9,149 Posts
Arm and Hammer Unscented is all I use. Check the ingredients: The same as your more expensive Dead Down Wind . Why pay more for the fancy brand on the label. Keeps you dry and keeps you from stinking up the place.

·
Banned
15,781 Posts
Sure unscented solid has been my goto forever it seems.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Arm and Hammer Unscented is all I use. Check the ingredients: The same as your more expensive Dead Down Wind . Why pay more for the fancy brand on the label. Keeps you dry and keeps you from stinking up the place.
I second this.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
This. I'll also add that you're nuts if you buy any of the "hunting brand" soaps, detergents, deodorants. They all re-brand, at a much higher price since it's "hunting specific".
Any of the "Free and Clear" detergents work and are much much cheaper.
Plenty of "sensitive skin" soaps and shampoos that are dye and fragrance free.
Hard to beat the Arm and Hammer as stated but there are other options, Mitchum used to make a good one.
Only time I'll buy the hunting brands is when they show up at Ollies on a clearance rack.

·
Registered
193 Posts
if you have to worry about how your arm pits smell it might be time to take a shower. just saying
:confused: you'd be surprised at how many people don't like to stink... there is this huge market for antiperspirants and deodorants, probably a whole isle full of the stuff at most major stores. For some reason we can't all get through a 12 hour day without working up a bit of a sweat and possibly even a smell. It may sound crazy, but occasionally I will even work all day AND THEN go hunting... :mg: Must be pretty nice if you can grab a shower 3 or 4 times a day, for me it's not that convenient so I will go with the sticks. :set1_rolf2:

·
Registered
59 Posts
you'd be surprised at how many people don't like to stink...
I'm trying something new this year, I "buzzed" my pits with an old beard trimmer.
So far it wasn't as weird as I thought it would be. It sounds strange but you have to try it.
I can tell I don't stink near as bad. I workout everyday and I usually stink so bad my kids mock me.
After I "buzzed" them they haven't made a single comment.

Also I used Mitchum unscented last year and this I'm trying Arm and Hammer Unscented.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I've used this for years cheaper too!

·
Banned
15,781 Posts
I tried the Arm & Hammer for a while even when it was not hunting season due to skin allergies, and for me it 1) didn't work as well or last as long, and 2) seemed to stain worse. May well be my personal experience, but I wasn't all that impressed. On the flip side, in terms of scent (understanding that UNscented does not me NON-scented), I did think that the A&H had the least detectable smell of any unscented deodorants I've tried.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I tried the Arm & Hammer for a while even when it was not hunting season due to skin allergies, and for me it 1) didn't work as well or last as long, and 2) seemed to stain worse. May well be my personal experience, but I wasn't all that impressed. On the flip side, in terms of scent (understanding that UNscented does not me NON-scented), I did think that the A&H had the least detectable smell of any unscented deodorants I've tried.
Ive been using the Speed Stick unscented for several yrs.....Does the job for about 2 dollars...

·
Registered
311 Posts
I use Crystal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not to thread jack too much but are there any "cheaper" brands of cleaning detergents for merino wool gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 99 Posts