Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shooting the new NAP Apache rest and love it! My only question is should the cock feather be up or down? I have tried both ways, but will wait for a few comments before giving my opinion.

·
Registered
452 Posts
From what I have read, cock vane up. There is a thread on here about that.

From the install video at the NAP site it shows cock vane up.

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
Normally they are up. But, if an arrow doesn't fly like the others, you can rotate the nock a little. That sometimes will get your groupings closer together. Just make sure your vanes clear your rest and riser.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
With dropaways you really want it up. It just provides extra clearance if it does not drop fast enough. But there is always the exception. If you like it better down, and is working and not contacting. By all means do it.

·
Registered
788 Posts
UP - with most fall away rests anyway.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
i would say cock vane up

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Just because it's Archery talk I want to say DOWN.....but truly believe up is the way to go.

On my ripcords the cock vanes is up but I know if the arrows fly right it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, now I think I'm not going crazy! I first tried feather down and there was just a little arrow kick after release. I then flipped the arrow cock feather up and now they are shooting like bullets! I guess I was just too used to the 2 pronged rest I have used for the lat 15 years. Thanks for your input!!

·
Registered
785 Posts
I shoot cock feather out because I need the extra clearance from the cables shooting blazer vanes.If I torque it just a bit it was too close for comfort with the cock feather up.I switched it to cock feather out and tested numerous times with no contact.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts