Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out this morning and according to the forecast it was -3F before wind chill. Ah what the heck, I'm already up. I get showered, ate, and got dressed as usual. Went out to start my truck and could tell immediately that this was going to be interesting; my 2014 slowly chugged as the starter was cranking. I get to the hunting property which was only 10 minutes away. Got out of my warm truck and proceeded to get dressed at warp speed. Grabbed my gear and slowly headed off to my spot. Got settled in at 6:15am (legal light was at 6:50am). Man did it feel weird as heck being on the ground! At 7:15am I see a small deer, a button buck, going to my bait from my left. Aw schucks... I wasn't expecting one from that side. No shot (plus I wouldn't have shot anyway. He fed for a short while and moved on thru. I sat till 9:45am and had to get going home. Other than my toes being cold, I was ok. Not a bad day.

I'm going to have to try that again.

David

·
Anti Fanboy
42,780 Posts
Well I gotta hand it to ya for going out in that cold like that.

I'm sure the deer would be at any bait site in temps so cold. They gotta eat to help them stay warm.

I kind of wish I'd have saved one tag but already filled them all.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Your not that nuts if I didn’t have this cough I would have sat all day ..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts