Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I think he looks 3.5 to 4.5.. no older than that for sure. But I don't know anything lol

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I don't think he's quite "HUGE", as least in today's standards for most people.....but for some people he is definitely the buck of a lifetime...just depends on what part of the country you live.....he looks pretty young to me....

·
Registered
890 Posts
On AT? 3.5

Every buck is 3.5 on AT. LoL.

In reality? Who knows, there is literally no way to know from pics. Only way to know is get em on the ground and check tooth wear.

He's old enough, arrow him.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I think he looks 3.5 to 4.5.. no older than that for sure. But I don't know anything lol
Based on what? People always throw out numbers but no explanation for their answer. I'd like to hear people expound on, WHY they think they way they do

·
Born yank raised south
16,499 Posts
He looks like a stud 3 year old to me as well. He would be my biggest buck ever so it would be hard to pass him for me.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I don't know anything about whitetails (or is that a mule deer???)...I only know what I learned from everyone here on ArcheryTalk.. :)

In all honesty though, he looks like a great buck. This is my personal opinion: I would hope to let him go at least another year and hope he grew into a true giant. Granted, I'm pretty spoiled in having great land where I grew up and get to see a lot of big deer. My personal philosophy (and yes, it probably seems somewhat arrogant, but I assure you it's not) is why shoot a good buck today when there's a chance he could be GREAT tomorrow...

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
Your in IL! let him get another year or two on him. He a good looking deer, but it will take some more time for him to be a giant, as you say. Either way, good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts