Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just letting everyone know how easy the prime bows really are to tune. it had been paper tuned from the get go, and today i did walkback tuning, bareshaft tuning, and broadhead tuning. guess what? i didn't move a thing. my g5 t3's and my g5 small game heads hit with the field points, and the walkback was perfect. bareshaft was perfect at 20, but at 30 it was left. there was very strong winds today from the cold front moving through blowing right to left and i am almost positive that is what was causing that at longer distances. this bow in incredible. my only disappointment is it isn't quite as fast as it should be according to a calculator, but it's still smoking fast.

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
Cool man. Bare shaft is only helpfull 20 yards or less. What speed r u getting?

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
300 fps should be getting around 310

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
416 grain arrow

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
Wow man. Thats still fast. Plenty fast. Any pics of the bow. Is it digital camo. I love that look.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Mine is at least 5fps faster than its rated, and shoots groups at 50 yards better than any bow i have shot to date and thats a bunch

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just weighed my arrows and they are actually 418 wow big difference but ya know gotta always check. I will try to get pics tomorrow it is black w black acc. I actually ordered realtree ap but after that color was delayed I went w black.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow that's a great group! Y is ur prime not in ur signature? Be proud man get the word out I want to see these bows catch on they really are the cats meow. U have a centroid also or a shift?

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
Wow. Really? Thats impressive

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Mine is a centroid optifade forest 29/60, i tried to sell it right after i got it,nobody seemed to want it so i set it up today and that is what i got

·
Registered
3,076 Posts

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
And I imagine you'll be glad you hung on to it. The draw and tunability of that cam system is pretty amazing.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
The draw is smooth but stiff, but it does tune incredible, arrows fly like darts, it holds peak weight longer than most any bow i have tested on my load cell

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
Oh what does he know. Lol. Ive personally never found a good reason to bare shaft tune. My arrows fly great with broadheads and points. Besides. Im a hunter. Not an x killer. A baseball size group is my goal.

I disagree

And so does this guy who might know what he's talking about :wink:
http://archeryhistory.com/archerytalk/The_Nuts&Bolts_of_Archery.pdf

To the OP, put a fixed blade on there just for giggles and see what it does. Also, try your bareshaft again at 30 or farther if you feel comfortable.

·
Banned
2,248 Posts
I love my prime shift, they are some great shooting bows.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
I disagree

And so does this guy who might know what he's talking about :wink:
http://archeryhistory.com/archerytalk/The_Nuts&Bolts_of_Archery.pdf

To the OP, put a fixed blade on there just for giggles and see what it does. Also, try your bareshaft again at 30 or farther if you feel comfortable.
Agreed. When you can get a bareshaft to group with field points from 40 yards, you have er tuned about as good as its gonna get.

I also agree with the fixed blade bh shooting. A mech will not necessairly be a good indicater of tune like a fixed blade will do.

To the OP, grats on the new bow. Sounds nice for sure.:thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The g5 small game heads are not only fixed blade, they are big unsightly things that you wouldn't think would ever shoot straight but they are hitting perfect. On the bareshaft, there was a strong 15 to 20 mph crosswind that's not bareshaft weather. That's y I was amazed this thing was doing as good as it was.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts