Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These big old Bow Guard cases are everywhere by me. Pawn shops, thrift stores, Craigslist. They all run about $5-$15 and are perfectly functional. Here are a few features I added to mine.
IMG_20200620_140019.jpg
IMG_20200620_135908.jpg

Extra Quiver mounts are $6 apiece. I added one with a few rivets and cut the original foam arrow storage down to accommodate.
IMG_20200620_135923.jpg

This Broadhead Box from Amazon was also about $6. Adhesive Velcro from the hardware store to mount
IMG_20200620_135940.jpg

Lastly an Extra water tight box for release, phone, or Misc. Velcroed in as well.
IMG_20200620_135912.jpg

These old cases were made for much larger bows so If you have a modern bow there is a ton of room for accessories and storage.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Nice ! Right now I throw all my stuff, (release, hex wrench, 2 stabilizers, bag of hodge podge stuff) , under the foam in the corners. I’ll have to rig mine up like yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I found an old zipper pouch that I Attached to the upper lid with Velcro to hold all my miscellaneous hardware and sight tapes but I like the water tight boxes. I’ll have to try that

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nice DIY. Stealing this idea for my bow case. That insanity you got sure would look nice in my bow case..lol!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Cool. Never thought of this.
Time to go scratch out the old case from storage and see what I can do

·
Registered
30 Posts
Very handy and I’ll definitely borrow a few of those ideas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
These big old Bow Guard cases are everywhere by me. Pawn shops, thrift stores, Craigslist. They all run about $5-$15 and are perfectly functional. Here are a few features I added to mine.
View attachment 7185701
View attachment 7185705

Extra Quiver mounts are $6 apiece. I added one with a few rivets and cut the original foam arrow storage down to accommodate.
View attachment 7185707

This Broadhead Box from Amazon was also about $6. Adhesive Velcro from the hardware store to mount
View attachment 7185711

Lastly an Extra water tight box for release, phone, or Misc. Velcroed in as well.
View attachment 7185713

These old cases were made for much larger bows so If you have a modern bow there is a ton of room for accessories and storage.
Great idea!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Man I couldn’t find one of these locally if my life depended on it. Once I bought a bow guard they magically became the only thing I could find.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts