Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm new to the archery game. Recently picked up a 2017 PSE Stinger X on a great deal for the RTS package. I've already upgraded the sight to a 5 pin Apex Gear Accu Strike XS and love that i can actually see the pin lights. I intend to upgrade the stab as well. My real question is, is there any benefit to upgrading the string stop as well? Or is it simply aesthetics and personal preference? Any input would help. Thanks guys/gals.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
The string stop is new so it should be ok, invest in some dampeners for your limbs and stab.

·
Shootingairborne
10,575 Posts
Stay with stock you'll be fine.

However there is an AT sponsor that will probably bump four Threads in this gen section because of your Thread.

Welcome to AT!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Titaniumarcheryproducts.com for string stops and stabs! I run both and they flat outperform anything else I've tried. The combination of titanium and vortex soak up vibration and kill sound.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50,332 Posts
There is no reason or benefit in changing the stop. Spend your money on a better string and cable. The one that comes on the Stringer is not the best of quality even for a entry level bow.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Dale makes a good point, those entry level bows come with the cheapest accessories, I would replace the sight, strings and peep(probably has that stupid rubber tube!)

I would like to get one of those for my Hoyt but I don't think it will make a difference- Hoyt made a mistake on the way they have the stopper screws, each shot you take loosens the screws unless you use loctite and even then it still gets loose. For $1600 you would a think mistake like this would be noticed but I guess not?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dale makes a good point, those entry level bows come with the cheapest accessories, I would replace the sight, strings and peep(probably has that stupid rubber tube!)

I would like to get one of those for my Hoyt but I don't think it will make a difference- Hoyt made a mistake on the way they have the stopper screws, each shot you take loosens the screws unless you use loctite and even then it still gets loose. For $1600 you would a think mistake like this would be noticed but I guess not?
Good to know! Like i said, i've already upgraded the sight,added limb and guide rod dampeners. I just ordered the 8" TAP suppressor elite stab as well. I will certainly look into strings and a new peep after the weekend. Thanks for the input guys. My first bow but definitely not the last. I figured get in the door with the stinger, upgrade the junk to make the learning curve smoother and easier. Then buy a better riser in a couple years.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Sounds like you have a pretty good setup, that bow will shoot good and will kill anything you aim at. Good call on the strings - that would be next on my list - you can get a good set from a number of guys on here. I ordered a set from JBK strings a couple days ago.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good to know! Like i said, i've already upgraded the sight,added limb and guide rod dampeners. I just ordered the 8" TAP suppressor elite stab as well. I will certainly look into strings and a new peep after the weekend. Thanks for the input guys. My first bow but definitely not the last. I figured get in the door with the stinger, upgrade the junk to make the learning curve smoother and easier. Then buy a better riser in a couple years.
That stab is the work horse of their line. Long enough to help hold steady, yet short enough for the woods. For strings I have a set of delta force bowstrings on my Denali. But my next set will probably be from sniper custom bowstrings. Good luck next season and keep shooting

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,261 Posts
If looking for a better string stop check with coolhandluke here on AT makes some very nice stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts