Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking into upgrading my camo this year. i am selling my UA Ridge Reaper set and going to try something new. i like UA, but i have heard great things about Sitka and Badlands. i am active duty military and move around quite a bit and need something to tackle different climates and scenerys. my ridge reaper is realtree ap, as well as my boots, packs, etc. i was loving the Sitka gear, but idk about the digital camo. i am sure it works but i will look like a fool with different camos on imo. Btw i and OCD about matching idk why it just bugs the crap outta me. i was hoping you guys had pics of your camo in action or advice on any of the mentioned brands, or really any camo. Thanks

·
Registered
13,600 Posts
i am looking into upgrading my camo this year. i am selling my UA Ridge Reaper set and going to try something new. i like UA, but i have heard great things about Sitka and Badlands. i am active duty military and move around quite a bit and need something to tackle different climates and scenerys. my ridge reaper is realtree ap, as well as my boots, packs, etc. i was loving the Sitka gear, but idk about the digital camo. i am sure it works but i will look like a fool with different camos on imo. Btw i and OCD about matching idk why it just bugs the crap outta me. i was hoping you guys had pics of your camo in action or advice on any of the mentioned brands, or really any camo. Thanks
in you're case i would go with sitka.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
What type of hunting are you planning on doing? Western elk hunting? Bowhunting whitetails in PA?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i meant to mention that i will be all over the country i hunt in AK now, but have friends in arizona and nevada that i hunt elk with. i also may be receiving orders to georgia or south carolina. i hunt every other year in michigan, my home state with my brother too.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the more i look into Badlands the more i like them. they use kevlar in their Enduro gear, which sounds like it would really last

·
Registered
89 Posts
Kuiu. Better than Sitka. Owned by the dude that started Sitka. Prices aren't bad either for the quality. Similar or a little less than Sitka, but higher quality materials. Do some research.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kuiu has a nice camo pattern but from the pics, i really dont see alot of detail in the clothing.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
KUIU is top notch, the vias and verde patterns are awesome and they listen to their customers. As was already said, if you research them, you'll see they're awesome. They also carry a full line of merino wool base layers as well as outerwear and accessories.

·
Registered
11,035 Posts
ASAT is the better pattern IMO......but I love my Sitka....shop AT, Fleabay and Amazon for some deals and you will get it about half price.

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,122 Posts
Shouldn't this be in the hunting section?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts

in you're case i would go with sitka.
I agree. For what you're looking for, you'll be very satisfied with Sitka Gear.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,534 Posts
Sitka hands down!

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
I have some Badlands clothing and bino case. All in Realtree AP and it's my favorite pattern. The only thing I don't like about the Badlands clothing I have is the zippers are hard to open and close.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Look at Kryptek. Versatile patterns and the gear is modeled after military gear. The owners are vets themselves and their slogan is "battlefield to backcountry". The patterns are second to none IMO

1 - 20 of 23 Posts