Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm on the computer yesterday afternoon after I get back from town and check my tracking number to see when my Lancaster order is due to arrive. It said it was delivered 12-15-09 at 2:18 PM to the front door. So, I get excited and run up to the house from my detached shop/garage to get it. It's not there. I go inside the house and ask my sons if they took a package from UPS and they said no. So, I wondered if they accidentally left it at the one of the neighbors houses by mistake. Long story short, I checked all the neighbors houses and no package. Took 45 minutes, so now I'm thinking that this is wierd! So, I head back to my house, stopping at the entrance of my driveway to grab the two empty garbage cans to take in, and lo and behold, there was my package, in the bottom of the garbage can. Un-Freakin Believable!!! Why would the UPS driver do such a thing? My driveway is all plowed and clean. What an arse.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I ordered an in line muzzleloader from Cabelas once and the UPS driver delivered it to the wrong house 2 streets from me. Right house number wrong street. When I called them to tell them I thought my package was on the wrong homes doorstep they actually told me to go pick it up myself. Wrong! I ended up with a completely new one that they paid the shipping for overnighted to me.
Jon

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
I've got one for ya, UPS delivered a T.V. at 12:01am to a customers house left it on the front porch in the middle of a freak'n rain storm, let's just say the T.V. got soaked:mg::mg:

I guess you don't have to pass a idiot test to work for UPS:eek::zip:

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,212 Posts
Maybe call the UPS hub in your area and file a complaint. That is not cool, not cool at all.

·
Registered
316 Posts
My UPS man will leave packages anywhere he can find. He has left them in my vehicles, my storage building, under my porch, and at my inlaws two miles away. He has never left them at the door. That would require him to walk up a set of steps. He usually (not always) leaves a note on my truck window though.

·
Registered
951 Posts
This would be easy enough to get an answer too. Call your local UPS tomorrow, talk to a manager, and explain your concern. UPS knows who the driver was who delivered the package. I'm sure UPS would like to know this happened too.

·
Registered
172 Posts
my grandfather used to work for ups as a driver and worked his way up down in VA. If your package is missing or damaged because of the negligence of the driver (wrong house storm etc) a new one is paid for by the driver all cost comes outta his paycheck. I had a new PS3 coming to me he dropped it off at the valley store down the road and it was damaged when i picked it up from them he had to pay all 500 plus shipping to get me a knew one ;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am so glad you posted this. I thought UPS just had a vendetta against me! They leave things tied to the fencepost in plastic bags, where anyone could wander off with it, they sometimes just take it back to the hub, and claim they weren't able to deliver it. The worst one was when I was driving to work one afternoon in a rainstorm, and halfway down my driveway, I see a box with a plastic bag halfway around it, laying in the middle of my driveway. It was halfway in a mud puddle, and contained a $350 Beaglewear hunting coat! I went to the Hub, and almost blew the place up before I left. I can not believe the incompetence of the people they have working there. It is worse than going down to the DMV!!:mad:

I HATE UPS. FedEX is way better IMO.

·
Arrow Whisperer
11,091 Posts
One day last week I received a package from one of my suppliers. The end of the box was torn open and the only thing in the box was a return label. Now,,, Somebody,,,, Tell Me Please,,,, How a walking breathing,,, apparently living person could put a box on someones door step knowing full well it had absolutely nothing in it..

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Dang I don't even know where to start with UPS. I am soooo freakin mad at them right now. My package has been sitting in Des Moines...30minutes from me since the 10th. I call them they tell me due to weather conditions they can't get it out. I am like...lady it hasn't snowed since the 10th and all school buses...regular mail...and everything else is running normally. She tells me thats all the info she has. I said where are you located. She said Tampa Florida..haha I said give me the phone number to my UPS hub in Des Moines. She said they don't have a number. Long story short I was sooo mad at her I hung up and tried to find my local number...She was right they don't even have one. I don't know what to do. I need this before the weekend comes. Here is what it says when I put in my tracking number. What a freakin JOKE

DES MOINES, IA, US 12/15/2009 9:08 P.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS / THE MOVEMENT OF THE PACKAGE WILL RESUME AS SOON AS THE WEATHER CONDITIONS ALLOW
12/15/2009 4:50 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
DES MOINES, IA, US 12/14/2009 8:43 P.M. DESTINATION SCAN
12/14/2009 7:48 P.M. EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL
DES MOINES, IA, US 12/13/2009 11:50 A.M. DESTINATION SCAN
DES MOINES, IA, US 12/11/2009 6:19 P.M. EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL
12/11/2009 7:39 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
DES MOINES, IA, US 12/10/2009 8:42 P.M. EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL
12/10/2009 7:16 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
12/10/2009 6:12 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
DAVENPORT, IA, US 12/08/2009 8:11 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/08/2009 11:48 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
OAK CREEK, WI, US 12/08/2009 7:17 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
OAK CREEK, WI, US 12/07/2009 10:23 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 12/07/2009 8:10 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Yeah when I was waiting on my new Athens to get here I tracked it the day it was suppose to me dropped at the house and it showed it had already been dropped off...I walk around the house about 5 times, no bow...Turns out it was dropped at my neighbors house. UPS driver opened his garage door up, stuck my stuff in his garage then closed the door back. I was freakin fit to be tied.

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
i have found my packages everywhere. front door, side door, garage, cars, bushes, by my mail box, neihbors houses, ect...

no bad expierences for me yet though. they did deliver my dads camera to someone else and said it was delivered.

my dad complained he didnt receive it the driver lied and the driver had to buy a new camera and pay my dad for the camera he lost. they taught him to not lie

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I immediately called UPS and the guy apologized. I gave him the whole story and told him that "It was unacceptable putting my order in the trash can". He said that someone will call me within the hour to discuss this further. One hour later I got a call from UPS and she apologized too, and after talking with her for a few minutes, she said she will forward the info to the drivers supervisor. I gave them the tracking number so I'm sure they know who the driver is). That was last night around 6PM. Haven't heard anything from them since.

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
I guess I'm lucky, my UPS driver rocks. Everytime he delivers stuff to me he stops in to BS and exchange hunting stories, and pics from the past week (yes I get at least 1 delivery a week). He is a bowhunter, and must have picked up on the lancaster archery boxes. The rest is history.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I guess I am lucky, my ups driver is a fellow archer and friend. He takes good care of any package that looks archery/hunting related. And I think sometimes he waits until I am home to deliver a package so we can talk hunting or archery. I know the things I order are in goods hands.

·
G5 killing machine
4,827 Posts
I didn't read all the replies. So I hope I'm not repeating something someone said already. Did you report the ups guy? I would. It is usually the same guy that does the same route day after day. We are good friends with the ups guy that goes passed our house all the time.

edit. Glad you reported them. Hopefully it will be a lesson learned for that guy/gal. My father in-law had ordered a laptop from staples awhile back. It was shipped to our house well come to find out the the guy that was driving the DHL truck stole it. Said it was delivered and everything to our house. Umm no it wasn't. Found out later he was stealing a bunch of stuff and had it all in a storage place. So I refuse to deal with DHL.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I guess I'm lucky, my UPS driver rocks. Everytime he delivers stuff to me he stops in to BS and exchange hunting stories, and pics from the past week (yes I get at least 1 delivery a week). He is a bowhunter, and must have picked up on the lancaster archery boxes. The rest is history.
wow, that was wierd, we just had pretty much identical posts and must have been typing at the same time.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts