Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys ever had to file an insurence claim against UPS?
Just wondering how long it takes.

My bow was sent back to me from Carters Archery its now Crackerized. I was so excited when I noticed it had arrived. I couldn't wait to shoot it. I noticed the box was damaged on the side. When I opened the Box I noticed the rest was crushed and the 360 rubber grip was tore.
The work from Carters was amazing, the strings look super sweet.

· Registered
753 Posts
Ups

I shipped a bicycle to Washington State from Michigan. Had them pack and ship. Front rim and rear derailleur were damaged. They coughed up 90 dollars since that was the value of the entire sale...Took a couple weeks if I remember right.

· Registered
568 Posts
could take months to get straight, don't let them forget you, call them every week and bug them that way they will want you out of thier hair and process the claim faster.

· Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may just buy the stuff I need and wait for the money to come back to reimburse me, that way I can shoot this new "crackerized" beauty

· Registered
825 Posts
1c4:5

I bought an aluminum boat and paid to have it dropped shipped on a special truck to my door. It made it all the way from Ark to NC. When it got to 50 miles from my house, somehow it ended up in a UPS terminal. The shipping company dropped it off and paid UPS to deliver it the rest of the way. Not my deal. When it arrived they had slid it in the back of a closed in truck. They pushed it from the back with the forks of a forklift and dented it awfully. They also skinned the bottom and tore the paint off. I was really upset. It took me almost a year to settle the dispute. It took so long that I actually took the boat. Carried it to a welding shop, had it fixed and repainted. They paid the repair bill. Will never do business like that again! I use UPS as a last resort.

· Registered
728 Posts
I've waited for UPS to pay a claim for 5 weeks. DHL is by far the worst of all the companies. I had them admit they lost a package insured for $130, and they still took over 2 months to pay me. And get this- I wanted them to reimburse the $28 shipping cost as well and they counter offered $14 since the package "made it halfway there"!!!!! I finally got paid after I refused to get off the phone at the customer service line until I was told I would have a check in the mail that day. Be polite but firm, and ask to talk to supervisors until you can find someone who will settle this "right now" Remind them that you did your part, and they admitted fault. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.