Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awhile back I bought a bow for my little hunting and fishing buddy.Its a Buck master BTR Bow.Well we took it to Bass Pro Shops for tunning and adjusting for him awhile back.The Guy there broke the string and the bow fell apart no worries he said he would put a new string on it for no charge.Bass Pro Shops didn't have the proper size string so he got one and twisted it until it was the right size.
Well he fixed it and it seamed to work alright.Until today I went to my little buddies house to shoot a little with him to warm up for opening turkey day.The string was real loose and he said he hadn't shot it in awhile.Well I pulled it back while sitting on his bed and the darn thing come apart on me.Lucky I didn't get hurt if it would have happened to him he could have gotten hurt.
We went to bass pro shops to have it fixed right away.There was a new guy there but he seamed to know more than the last guy.I had asked him what had happed to Chris the guy who broke the string the first time.He looked down at the bow I had brought him and said he was lay-ed off because of things like this.Well anyway after he examined the bow and put it back together he took it right back apart.Told me it was missing 4 ball bearings for the limbs.That he couldn't put it back together for me because it could cause an injury and Bass Pro could be held reliable.
OK I told him well let me run back to his house and look for the bearings on or around his bed and Ill bring the bow back.Well I looked everywhere there was no bearings to be found on the clean floor or the made up bed.So I called Bass Pro to talk to a manager.She said that her guys would be more than happy to fix the problem for no charge if I could get the ball bearings for the bow limbs.
I told here that I didn't feel like I was the one that needed to replace the bearings that one of Bass Pro Shops employees had lost in the first place.When he broke the string and that my little buddy has been shotting this bow with us not knowing the bearings where missing and someone could have gotten seriously hurt not to mention that shooting the bow without the bearings could have messed up the limbs.
But unfortunately they don't carry or sale this bow.OK I say ball bearings dont cost that much.My guestion is where can I buy these ball bearings I've looked every where on the net and cant find anything can someone please help me What size are they?Id like to replace these bearings so that I can find out if these guys have ruined my buddies bow.Any help would be nice Thanks
I injoy getting young people into hunting and fishing and sometimes its a pane but its well worth the excitment you see on there face's when they shoot that first deer or hog or when they hold up that big ol fish they caught.Besides there's no greater satifaction than hearing your little hunting buddy say well we didnt see nothing today but it sure was just as fun as seeing something.
I think if my buddies bow is ruined Bass Pro should give me 250.00 off the replacement bow we would have to get for him what do you guys think.Turkey season is less than a week away :fuming: I only bow hunt and it just wouldnt be right me taking a bow an him with a shotgun

· US ARMY
963 Posts
where

where are you at and what bass pro was it??

· Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there fault demand a new bow,and if parts are missing they can get them from the manufacture,after you resolve the bass pro issue go find a real pro shop.
I have a new pro shop that I goto for tunning for my bowtech I took it back to bass pro because they put the string on it.As for demanding a new bow I don't know how well that will go over.The bow I got him was 250.00 at walmart and bass pro don't have one that cheap that has 60 -70 pound draw.But as far as I can tell these special ball bearings can not be found for purchase on the net and the Manager told me that it would have to be bearings from the manufacturer of the bow.

· Registered
489 Posts
after you resolve the bass pro issue go find a real pro shop.[/QUOTE]

Yep! If you do not get any where with the local Bass Pro call their corperate office. They owe it to you to fix/replace the bow. we have a local Bass Pro here as well. Those guys do more damage than good most times.

· Registered
5,465 Posts
Not sure but this maybe a Martin bow and Bass pro has their naming on it. Contact JoelC or Pug on here or call 509.529.2554. If it is a Martin they will take of it for you and most likely get you a new set of proper strings to boot.

· Registered
359 Posts
Pleasefind a proshop and never let bass pro touch your bow again. I went to my local BP when i got my katera last month to get it sighted in (to cold outside) I swear soon as i pulled it out the guy at the counter just wanted to lay his hands all over it. No way that was happening Esp after i watched him shoot a arrow into the floor with a display model.

· Registered
715 Posts
A kid that works at the BP near us bent a Hoyt Magnatec damn near in half in an Apple press. The kid tried to play it off... fortunately the guy knew better. He got with the Manager, and they gave him a Fred Bear Truth. No charge. I was fairly impressed with that resolution... I know this because I saw the bow, and know the guys at BPS pretty well. And that bow (the Truth) was brought to me for set up :shade:

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water though... some of the guys I know at BP are good techs.. and moreover, they know when to ask for help, or when to send someone down to us for exactly the right part or string size. There are always a couple bad apples that tend to spoil the whole barrel. You have to feel out the person you are talking to there... tred lightly.

· Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure but this maybe a Martin bow and Bass pro has their naming on it. Contact JoelC or Pug on here or call 509.529.2554. If it is a Martin they will take of it for you and most likely get you a new set of proper strings to boot.
I PM one of the two names you mentened JoelC can not recieve messages hes to good for us naw JK hes probably a busy man not wanting to be bothered with useless concernes and stupid questions that they pay other people at Martin Archery to answer LOL.I dont know if this is a Martin bow but it needs replacement ball bearings under the limbs.It only says Buckmasters BTR that I know of it looks simulair to the one below but tomorrow I will look it over to see if I can find out the maker.

· Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I believe thats a Bear bow. Contact them for some help.
It could be a Bear, Jennings or Martin bow they all made buck master BTR Bows but I will look at it closer tomorrow to see for sure there has to be something else to tell which one made it

· Registered
3,350 Posts
I believe that bow is made by Bear Archery.

Ball bearings should not be hard to find unless they are a super special size.

Here is a prime example of a guy that kinda knows a bow getting a job at bass pro. Buyer BEWARE.

· Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I believe that bow is made by Bear Archery.

Ball bearings should not be hard to find unless they are a super special size.

Here is a prime example of a guy that kinda knows a bow getting a job at bass pro. Buyer BEWARE.
That bow is made by bear archery its a picture I found on the net I said it looks simular to this one.I will post more pics of real bow tomorrow or just look it over good

· Registered
7,294 Posts
the buckmasters BTR from walmart is made by bear. it comes in one drawlength.....29, drawweight of 70lbs. there are no cams available now or then that can be used on that bow. it is what it is and there isnt any way to change it.

cams are plastic, the limbs are made to look like compression molded limbs, but arent.

scout the classifieds and look for a good deal on a bow that has a module adjusted drawlength. chances are, your friend is not a 29" draw.

the speds that came up with the 'average drawlength for an american male' are probably the same rocket scientists that came up with the system that killed the economy.

· Registered
1,960 Posts
If you knew the size i'll bet mcmaster-carr has them, they have everything! All kinds of little parts.

www.mcmaster.com

· Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the buckmasters BTR from walmart is made by bear. it comes in one drawlength.....29, drawweight of 70lbs. there are no cams available now or then that can be used on that bow. it is what it is and there isnt any way to change it.

cams are plastic, the limbs are made to look like compression molded limbs, but arent.

scout the classifieds and look for a good deal on a bow that has a module adjusted drawlength. chances are, your friend is not a 29" draw.

the speds that came up with the 'average drawlength for an american male' are probably the same rocket scientists that came up with the system that killed the economy.
OK guys let me clear this up I'm sorry I said I got this at a walmart the truth is I bought it like new condition at a local pawnshop that sales new and used bows and is also a bowtech dealer.I said or mentioned walmart because I have seen a similar bow there like the one that I bought him and no these cams aren't plastic.It has A B C string latches on the main bottom cam for adjustable DL

· Registered
7,294 Posts
then it's not the btr. the btr had full split limbs like the bear's do now.

there should be a decal on the bottom limb. it will list brand and model number along with the string specs. it should also have name painted or silkscreened on one or all of the limbs.

if you can get a pic posted of it, maybe we can have a better idea.

one of those last ditch effort things that the north american archery group braintrust came up with. now you can see why they went bankrupt.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.