Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All;

Is there any problem shipping a bow FROM CANADA TO THE US? Is there any problem with customs?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Island Hunter said:
Hey All;

Is there any problem shipping a bow FROM CANADA TO THE US? Is there any problem with customs?

Thanks
Its possible, you can't tell until it hits customs. If all the paperwork is very clear and easy to read it may go right through... or they may put it on the "must inspect" pile and then its weeks of delay

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dredly said:
Its possible, you can't tell until it hits customs. If all the paperwork is very clear and easy to read it may go right through... or they may put it on the "must inspect" pile and then its weeks of delay

I filled out the customs decleration form very clearly and posted both my and the recievers address clearly. Think this will be a problem?

·
Registered
18,077 Posts
I don't know personally, but I have heard that if you say there is a bow ie 'weapon' in the package it can cause problems

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
Hope you or the other guy is patient.......

it will sit at customs for some time.
I have bought 2 from Canada and sent a few there too.
One bow I waited in for 4 weeks while it was in customs.
I had one fellow drive an Allegiance I bought to Michigan just to get it over the border in order not to mess with customs (GREAT guy for doing it).

·
Registered
676 Posts
i have sent a couple bows from canada to the us and both arrived within a few days. however, like others have mentioned, sometimes things get hung up in customs for awhile. do not mention weapon on the customs paperwork. i simply put 'used youth bow' on the declaration for each bow i sent, and never had a problem. only wish things were a little quicker coming my way. most everything is 2 plus weeks

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just used the description: "Sporting Archery Supplies"

Hopefully that will get the point across and not cause too many problems. Anyone else have any problems?

·
Registered
676 Posts
may be too vague but IMO you should be fine Island Hunter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts