Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the result of the man senior compound at the 121 st US National outdoor champ.

I see Braden Gallenthien, Dave Cousins but where are the Wilde bunch, John Dudley, George Ryals and all other great compound shooters???

·
Archery Coach
23,358 Posts
I didn't see Mary Zorn either. Several top compound archers have told me making "USAT" doesn't mean much in compound-the major shoots (Worlds and Field and Indoor for the compounds) choose teams based on trials so it probably comes down to vacation time and money. with two worlds this last year and two trials to make those two teams plus Vegas and "Atlantic City" and Louisville that is alot of time and money to merely show up.
Its probably a cost benefit analysis thing and I suspect that those who didn't show up have made a rational decision based on their personal circumstances.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand that!

Too bad for this competition where it would be fun to see all of them competing against each other.

Seem that the level of competition his higher in trials than the US National.

Thanks Jim C

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I would have to say the USA tirals are the most difficult tournament to win, more than nationals, or even the world championships (especially indoors) Unfortunately it is difficult for everyone to attend. Dont forget, most of the top collegiate shooters from the past couple years are now out in the real world and cant take off work to travel to a competition.

However I can not blame the low attendance by top shooters at nationals to the USAT. It is a NATIONAL championship, I would think USAT would not be a major factor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.