Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I think I'm gonna sit this year out. Corona virus risk aside, I doubt I'll be able to swing the money or vacation time necessary to go to tournaments within such close timing of each other. At which point, the entire thing becomes pointless for me since you need a minimum of 3 to qualify.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m in. Are you going Larry?
Hi Gabe,

Long winded answer ....

I'm glad you're going. No, sadly I'm not going this year. I had to lay off almost all of the employees from my little company of 51 years and so for the last 2.5 months I've been mostly a one-man band at work full time, doing everything from A-to-Z. Not complaining - I feel fortunate that I can still 'do' everything, but not a lot of time or energy this year to do any real focused shooting (just 20 or 30 arrows at home in the evenings for my sanity). And, more to the point, this summer's sales activity (June, July, August) will give me a good idea about how much of my market will be coming back from the shutdown - if 'enough', then I'll feel comfortable trying to staff up again (a little bit, anyway) and have the ability to sneak out of the office for a week now and then. But, if not 'enough', then I'll have to stay in the office for as long as I can stand it without a break, and then try to coast to a graceful, smooth exit (at which point, I will likely have the time to maybe get to some tourneys again. But this summer, I'm tethered to the office.

Jeff is going, though. And Tom. Don't know about others.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What scores are needed to qualify for nationals in the US? (OR, men)
"Check cleared" is the only qualifier (unless that's changed and I didn't hear about the change). But they do have a limited number of spots open this year, so 'first come first serve' is a qualifier, too.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Larry, Very sorry to learn of your situation re: economic. Tough at any time and tougher after 51 successful years. From San Antonio, Barry Watson is planning to go - making a run at the Masters team. I enjoy training with him.

Regarding the current phrase " alone together" - that's BS - all government employees kept their checks while telling small business to close down and suffer. Now we see the other consequences of this economic and human disaster. 2020 is going to be one of the most written about years in recent history.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. Interesting times, for sure. I'm luckier than a lot of people out there, so I'm grateful.

There's a two headed mystery/monster, presently unknowable but probably determined in the next few months .... 1st head - how many clients will not come back because they closed their doors for good? , and 2nd head - of the clients that are still kicking and ordering from us now (and this first week of June was encouraging), how many of them will ultimately go under/bankrupt in the months to come, and how much money will we lose (outstanding balance on bankruptcy date files) when they do? This is the real ticking time bomb. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm in. Taking a run at getting my para archery classification. Up until now, had been shooting against the able-bodied fellas.

Kyle

·
mcullumber
273 Posts
I'm in. Taking a run at getting my para archery classification. Up until now, had been shooting against the able-bodied fellas.

Kyle
Kyle,

Check with USA Archery as I do not think they will be having any Classifiers at the event. I could be mistaken, but I would check.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yup, already have my application submitted and had several conversations with the person who will be conducting it there. With all of the COVID stuff going on, she told me this is the only event the national classification is being held at this year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts