Archery Talk Forum banner

USBA Payout

1079 Views 24 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  ap1221
Does anyone have an idea as to why there were no winnings posted on each level for pay out from the last shoot of the year at Bass & Bucks. I know the scores are posted but the amount of winnings was not posted by the winners names. Can't seem to find out the reason why, if someone knows please let me in on the secret thanks. GB
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come On

You mean to tell me with all the USBA shooters out that someone does not have the needed information as to why no payouts are listed, or was there even a payout for the top 3 to 4 shooters in each class. As with all great orgainzations when a question is asked an answer needs to be given as to why. Thanks for looking GB

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's not it

The issue is not what anyone shot it's the point of the issue. I would like to know where my funds went. I thought the whole issue of the USBA was to pay back to the shooters, that's not what I am seeing at this stage of the game. I still thank you for your response. GB So tell me does anyone know, I surely thought someone in the USBA that had some insight into this issue would at least comment on the subject. So did anyone get a pay out in any of the classes, if so how much, and how many places paid out, is that to much to ask. come guys let the cat out of the bag

· Registered
4,544 Posts
I shot a USBA shoot last year and the only problem I have with the system is the 10 scoring targets. These targets aren't known before the shoot starts and are supposedly picked at random. Seems to me they could make anyone they wanted to look good in the standings.

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Computer Pick

Supposely the computer randomly picks the 10 targets, thats one heck of a program that pick 10 random tragets and bases everyones class on those 10 targets. Thats not my issue but the posting of the winnings is, they have done it in the past with the exception of the final shoot. Why? Still no takers on this question.

· Registered
295 Posts
Usba

Roger said at the shoot that they were paying back the top 3 or 4 places I don't remember now which. I won level 8 and I assume that the check is in the mail. But then again I finished 3rd at the IBO worlds trophy shoot, and still have not recivied anything from them.

· Registered
6,320 Posts
Roger said at the shoot that they were paying back the top 3 or 4 places I don't remember now which. I won level 8 and I assume that the check is in the mail. But then again I finished 3rd at the IBO worlds trophy shoot, and still have not recivied anything from them.
You won't? You shot trophy.

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any Comments

Is there any comments from any board member from the USBA willing to comment on this issue. How about the indivduals in the top 3 of each class, willing to comment on this topic. I will let thread run for a few more days before I close it. Since I can not get no one to give me clear answer where's the cash then I reckon that I will have to draw my own conclusions and leave it at that.

Things just seem to bother me sometimes and I am starting to see more and more concerns, like for example. There was a group in front of us and there was this one target that had limited space for for a score keeper and a puller. So the score keeper / judge stood back and allowed the puller to pull the arrows and call out the scores. WRONG. I know that one or if not two of the shooters in this group shot in the top 1 or 2 of a class or two.

Another one was were a on of the shoots and there was a target of a skunk very close and each person had to shoot. Each one from our group shot at the skunk and all worried about someone knocking them out of the 10 ring or X. We scored the target and the next group came up behind us and saw the skunk and how close it was and requested that each one could shot then score and pull their arrow and allow the next shooter to shoot. The score keeper / judge said no problem when we made a comment as we walked off. Not sure if the score keeper / judge allow it to happen but it's the issue that concerns me.

If you can not post the winnings as you have done in the past then i know that a lot more issues will be allowed to slide creating unfair treatment and fellow shooters to pull away.

This is all I want to say and will not say another word since the USAB staff or shooters are allowing me to draw my own conclusions. thanks to all that read or posted comments and allowed me the opportunity to speak my thoughts.

GB

· Registered
5,230 Posts
I would say that letting the other group shoot and pull arrows individually is definitley wrong. However if you are indeed shooting in a Trophy class than I would say no matter how well you shoot you will NOT win any $$$$. I am not familiar with the USBA and there rules and regs but they may or may not be "non-profit" like the IBO is and give most of the funds to the host club after covering their "expenses". Does their website give you any info?

· Registered
53 Posts
It would be easy to put this matter to rest. I know board members of the USBA have profiles on archerytalk. Are they ignoring this thread or just dont want to give answers. Is the money in the mail,or did everybody just donate $40.00 to the USBA fund. All in all, the big deal to me is the fact that the organization must be consistent from a rules stand point. Another question? Why was the drawings for the give aways held on Saturday when Sunday was the big day?

· Registered
304 Posts
no they wont

they wont come after you the are to big of COWARDS. the pres cant answer pm's or messages on his archery talk profile his AT account is Recurve5586 he hasnt responded to me on my dear friend the growling bear on a issue i had with them about the hueston woods shoot. now im not sure but if you are the pres of a group isnt that your job to answer questions and settle disputes. oh well all that have spoke ill of them in the post are on the s$#& list with them now so i say USBA OUTLAWS FOR LIFE :uzi:

· Registered
300 Posts
Another question? Why was the drawings for the give aways held on Saturday when Sunday was the big day?
Another question that needs to be ask is where was the $28,000.00 worth of prizes. Oh never mind Roger said the he had to buy the Kings Outdoor shirts that the staff wear, which was donated and he had to buy that badboy buggy. How can you advertise your giving that much prizes at the beging and don't do it at the end.

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Interesting Questions

I am sure that there are more questions than individals have answers, or answers that board and staff members want to give. Thats why you have board members to keep each other in check. I am beginning to find out there is not much difference between the IBO and the USBA. You can bet one thing that there were individulas that benefited from the USAB, due to the companies that sponsored the USBA. The thing that makes me mad is that I argued for the USBA and the people that talked it down, but now I find myself frustrated just as they were. My fustration is that I can not get one person to give an answer to a fairly simple question where's the payout and how much. I want to see it posted and I check it each week to see if is updated or corrected. I probably will never get the answer that I am looking for. I am done beating this DEAD HORSE you will not hear another word from me. I would like to think each one of you that looked at the posting and to those that had the guts to post your thoughts I give you even more praise. Good luck this year 2008 & 2009 deer hunting season.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.