Archery Talk Forum banner

Use of different string materials ?

995 Views 12 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  CA Bowhunter
What would be the advantanges of using 452X for my cables and 8125 for my strings be ? Would you have less timing issues by using the 452X for your cables but still gaining a little speed with the 8125 for the string? How many of you switch up with two different materials and what benefits do you feel you've gained if any ? :eek:
1 - 2 of 13 Posts
Have heard of alot of people doing this. I myself am putting on a string made of TS1 and a cable made of 452. ;)
Put my new string and cable on my bow, installed peep and nockloop. Getting 3fps faster than my all 452 set-up which is not bad considering that I used a full 20 strands of the TS-1 instead of only 18 strands like I used with the 452. Also shooting 2lbs less on the draw weight. Not bad, I'm happy so far. Next test is stretch which should be minimal seeing as I hung 2 50lb feed bags (******* stringstrecher) :p from the string for 1 week before I put it on the bow.
1 - 2 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.