Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade from my older Hoyt and I haven't read one bad thing about any Athens bows, other than people complaining about DL specific cams. Are there any older Athens models or parts that are undesirable or failure prone? Any specific athens bows to stay away from?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have shot Athens since 2010 starting with the original Accomplice 34. Have not heard of any specific or chronic problems. Best warranty in the industry. I have bought all of mine blind and have not been disapointed.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the lack of response to this thread is making me feel pretty good. I've got a used ascent headed to me and I've yet to hold or shoot an anthens bow.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Everything is good except resale value, and I really don't understand why.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
From my understanding, Athens is the OG Elite guys. Old Elite bows are still pounding and I've never heard of a problem with Athens. DL specific cams definitely hurt resale value and make them dated in design. I understand the new Athens bows are adjustable.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
578 Posts
New Athens 2020 bows are a Mod based cam, not a rotating mod.... You have to buy a mod to change the DL. In my opinion the Revelation 6 and even more so the Revelation 7 is the best bow that Athens ever made so far. Its crazy how cheap you can pick one up and they are amazing shooters! You can have pretty good luck finding DLS cams on the Facebook page Athens Archery Shooters. Athens sold in 2019 I believe it was, to one of the original TOG guys. You cant go wrong with the bows especially for the cheap prices they are going for.... and to me if you dont or wont buy a bow just because of the resale value, you are really selling yourself short! I was an Athens staff shooter, and ambassador until this year and I stepped down, not because of the bows or the company just because it was time! But they really are great bows and the lifetime transferable warranty is hard to beat!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Loving the 2019 ascent that I picked up. Still need to figure out what kind of stab lengths are going to work best for me with this bow, but it is definitely more accurate than I am. I couldn't be happier about giving Athens a try.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Only issue I’ve had is getting cams in pre 2020 models without buying new from factory I’ve been having trouble finding the cams I need

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have shot Athens since 2011 and I have never had one problem with any of my 7 bows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts