Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I found a Hoyt fast Flite LH to try out for $75 plus shipping. I figured since I have no clue about these bows I would ask you guys

1) How are the bows?

2) Is this a good price for one since this is a test run anyhow?

Thanks!

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Looks like a mid 90s Defiant. Good, solid bows. I had one similar, a '96, that had Supreme limbs and command cams, which look to be that bow, too. With modern string and cable materials to keep the cams synched longer those things are tough and as reliable as a bow can be. Pretty forgiving shooters, too.

Is in your proper DL? It may be hard to do a cam swap for it or even find DL mods.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
What do you mean DL?

I have heard some of the hoyt had lims break, is this true?
Well DL is just short for drawlength. Does that bow have a drawlength that will fit you? If not don't buy it unless you want to search for cams that will fit you. They will be hard to find.

Every company has had some limbs break, even Hoyt. But their limbs break less often than most others. :zip: The limbs on that bow in the pic are good ones, though. Don't abuse and it could last a long while.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well DL is just short for drawlength. Does that bow have a drawlength that will fit you? If not don't buy it unless you want to search for cams that will fit you. They will be hard to find.

Every company has had some limbs break, even Hoyt. But their limbs break less often than most others. :zip: The limbs on that bow in the pic are good ones, though. Don't abuse and it could last a long while.
Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts