Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a second bow that will be my dedicated target bow. My concern is finding parts such as cams, modules etc.
What would the issues be if I had to put the newer smoke cams.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I am considering a second bow that will be my dedicated target bow. My concern is finding parts such as cams, modules etc.
What would the issues be if I had to put the newer smoke cams.
It depends on what your looking to get. I share your concern with parts. But my inferno so far has been flawless and very reliable. My one year old tune is still shooting bullet holes. If you were to get a 2016 you could possibly get two identical bows for the price of one. And have a whole other bow to scrap from if you wanted.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The parts for older Martin bows are getting hard to get. Strings and cables can be made by other suppliers, but cams and other hard parts seem to have gone up in the smoke of the fire that destroyed the Martin factory a few years back. I contacted Martin about this same problem and was told that by the lady that answered the phone and one of their techs also. I like my Martin but when I want a newer bow, I think I will look at several others instead.

·
******* Engineer
3,942 Posts
The parts for older Martin bows are getting hard to get. Strings and cables can be made by other suppliers, but cams and other hard parts seem to have gone up in the smoke of the fire that destroyed the Martin factory a few years back. I contacted Martin about this same problem and was told that by the lady that answered the phone and one of their techs also. I like my Martin but when I want a newer bow, I think I will look at several others instead.
I agree. Strings are no problem. You can contact a string builder such as myself or any other reputable builder.

What bow are you looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts