Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 70lb 28.5 inch draw mods, 29 AMO DL (per TAP) -

brought up my bow in TAP plugged in the actual AT and BH, DW - selected my easton FMJ 340's

on the arrow page, there is a top section that you can plug in your own arrows or select from the bottom section arrows that are already in the program. i keep adjusting the arrow length to find the most middle length for being stiff vs weak.

if the top section, Target is selected, the arrow is PERFECT per the program with a shaft length of 27.5. but if i hit Hunting, it shows far down on the weak side but nothing has changed. no value weight length has changed, nothing.

these FMJs are technically hunting arrows. not sure why selecting one of the two changes it so much. which one is more accurate for my arrows for my bows.

please help!

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
The reason it changes is because of the effect a broadhead has on your arrows . As far as which is right depends on your intentions for these arrows. If for hunting they will be weak , if for target or 3-D , they will be fine.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that makes sense! thanks for the explanation. if im shooting a mechanical would the real life effect be less weak as a fixed broad head would be?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Yes , that will help it some. But for hunting arrows if the spine is getting close to being underspined it is advisable to go up to the next heavier spine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts