Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, has anyone ever tried using doe pee from a deer that they harvested? It seems to me that this would be the most guaranteed way to ensure that the urine is fresh and has no chemicals mixed in it. Also, this deer would be from the local area and simply seems like it would be more affective. What are yalls thoughts?

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
Everything I've read over the last few years says that urine breaks down very quickly after being exposed to oxygen reducing it to ammonia and urea. Chances are that doe pee is no different than any other animal pee in a short period of time. But, your right, while its fresh, you can't get much better than the real deal. And it's a pain to collect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think it matters whether or not the doe is in estrus? And if so, what do you think the best way is to be able to tell?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinkin about usin it on a drag line during the rut. It could be easily kept in a jar or bottle and left in the fridge

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Urine, in and of itself, is nothing more than a curiosity scent, at the very best. It’s the estrous secretions that attract bucks, and you can’t get that from the bladder. The urine sold as “do-in-heat” scent is nothing more than a natural carrier for the estrous secretion scent.

·
Banned
944 Posts
If not in estrous, its just doe pee and the woods is filled with that already. Once exposed to oxygen it breaks down rapidly but yes it will be fresher than anything you can buy. It will do no harm to use it but take pics and note the color and smell change from immediate harvest to day 1, 2, 3, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts